Widnes Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Widnes Game

Post by josie andrews »

Ben Flower, Mike McIlorum, Sam Tomkins, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Sean Oloughlin and Blake Green all set to miss Widnes match.

Tierney and Hampshire to debut.

News via Bilko
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Widnes Game

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO will have a field day with this! :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

If thats true I think that is a mistake by Wane. I'm all for him picking young players, but putting a young 1,6,7,9 all in together needs experience around them so as full strength and experienced pack as possible should get picked to help them out if they find themselves in a hole. Lockers, Micky Mc and Flower should play.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Injured or rested!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
markill

Post by markill »

I'm not sure how much such wholesale changes help the development of the young players as parts of our team if called upon down the line.

2-3 max should come in if that is possible (I'm reading our players are all injured but I'm not convinced they couldn't play). That way they get exposure but the exposure is playing with the big guns. Having said that, I suppose this way they have nowhere to hide so its more of a test for them as individuals.

It depends what Wane wants to get out of it I suppose. Lets hope it isn't just him trying to get back for what happened next year in some stubborn "i'm right, you're all wrong" sort of way.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
BriH

Post by BriH »

Wait and see I think. Waney is saying some of the players picked up knocks v Wakey.
Mind games maybe?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Isn't it Exiles the week after? Getting his excuses why they can't play that match in early
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matthew wrote:Isn't it Exiles the week after? Getting his excuses why they can't play that match in early
I bloody well hope so after last year :(
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Matthew wrote:Isn't it Exiles the week after? Getting his excuses why they can't play that match in early
I bloody well hope so after last year :(
Good thinking Shaun!
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Didn't we do this at Widnes last year though? And look what happened there.....

Do we really think that it gives these young lads a boost when they're all thrown in at once and get battered - on tv for all to see!!

I'm with the others who say 2-3 at a time. I know we have some injuries but I'm sure we can still cope with only putting a couple of them in at a time!

I wish them luck and hope to prove them wrong!!!