Re: Deja Vu

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I don't agree
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'm being controversial.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I demur!
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

x-factor players make the diff in any team - we simply don't have enough of them, youth. spirit & effort we have loads of but alas nevertheless this may not win trophies in the business end of the season

Deja-vu?? Bridesmaid never the bride (again?)come the big finals & the trophy gathering business end of the season come the play-offs or semis in the Challenge cup

The no of trophies in the SL era that have gone begging - simply not good enough (mirrored with Liverpool in the Premier League)?

To-nite's performance was mediocre across the team, the tackling, the spilled ball, the errors, the kicking, the cathhing, all in front of a good HOME crowd!!

what more motivation did the players need with the point advantage we had this time last week?.....

Gutted same ol' same ol' -- early peaking brill then the wheels come off - please please not again i can't have for yet another season?! Please players prove me wrong?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

loyalbelfast, number of trophies that have gone begging, mirrored with Liverpool in the PL, what trophies have exactly gone begging for Liverpool in the Premier League, I think in 20 years of the premier league they have finished 2nd twice, not really a great comparison.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:Fair enough, thought you were going to be a bulb end!!
not really, just a minor blip imo, the next 2 or 3 games will tell us if your right or not, hope your wrong but if your not then something needs to change
BriH

Post by BriH »

I hope that this was a 'one-off' game - they do happen.
It makes the Bradford game very interesting.
I don't believe in this 'quick turnaround' if you play Monday night. Surely, to have a level playing both teams who played on Monday should play on Sunday? E.g. Warrington.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I'm going to go against the grain and defend our lads.

I think some of you are being a little harsh. We had players who were just returning back from injury as well as key players missing. Micky Macc looked half fit to me, Dudson hasn't played much recently, Tuson a late call up despite being out injured, Green first game back in a long time. Then you have Sam, Lockers, Taylor, Mossop, Flower all out.
On the back on that, we wouldn't have had any match preparation time from Wire away which was a bruising encounter. I think the fact we had to call on Andy Powell summed up our problems tbh.
I won't be too downhearted about the defeat. Its how we react. We need to gather ourselves together and hit next sunday as hard as we can. We can't let this make our heads drop and as supporters, its up to us to get behind the lads. Crucial stage of the season now, getting towards the business end. Hopefully we can get our key players fit and firing, but in the mean time, we need to keep our support up for the lads. To hear booing at half time was appalling. We are spoilt brats some of us. Our support when we weren't a good side was better than what it was now we are a much better outfit. When Nobby was keeping us up, the support was outstanding. Why has it disappeared?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Why has it disappeared?
I sensed a doom and gloom atmosphere at the game. Could be for several reasons. We didn't expect win before kick off (I don't think the players did to be honest!)?

All the talk of Sam leaving has got people fed up?

Who knows but the fans also reacted to the rubbish served up on the pitch. It's very hard to cheer absolute garbage for 80 mins.

There was a period in the game where we pinned Cas back in their own 10m area for a time with some fierce tackling and it was the most prolonged bit of good play all match from Wigan and when that was going on the fans were loud.

The rest of the time the team was utter rubbish and so the fans were quiet.

I don't think this is surprising because there is a difference between watching rubbish and being in a tight game even if you are not winning as the Wire game showed.