Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
si_bax

Gelling

Post by si_bax »

I really think he has had his last chance at Wigan, he was so bad against Saints, too many mistakes and not good enough in defence. We need better quality centres at a team like Wigan
loyalbelfast

Re: Gelling

Post by loyalbelfast »

totally agree - about Gelling
Want to be proven wrong but just can't see why he wears the shirt?

To me he's a less than ordinary player

Feel we have not enough X-Factor players in the team & its starting to show now come the business end of the season

Every one knows Bradford should have won a fortnight ago
WE lose against Castleford , loss now against Saints , now 1 point behind the league

I want silver not what might have been (again!)

A&L (just like Belfast)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Ladies & gentlemen tonight's scape goat! :conf:
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

he would be the scapegoat if it was a one off, but his performances all season have been sub standard, not sure how a world class centre like Carmont can be replaced by Gelling, he just doesn't have the nessessary qualities that we need to compete at the top level
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

was he any good tonight? No

do I think he's got a future? yes

the more I see him the more he looks like a 2nd rower.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

FOr me he's quite like Hock. He does have some X-factor and seems to cause defenders a lot of trouble, but he also has the capacity to make bad errors both offloading and decision making.

I'd prefer to give him a little more time in the centre spot before making a judgement. He's not had a run there yet. He made saints num 3 look an idiot a couple of time in the first half. Did nothing in the second, but then who did? (apart from Pat and Hampshire!)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
chrispie2

Post by chrispie2 »

Unfortunately his performances are not up to scratch and he has been given plenty of time to develop by the club. Time to cut our losses and let him go.

We have an abundance of top class second rows so why would we need him there? His handling is shocking and he is way too skinny to make it at second row.

He won't make it at centre at this standard either. Would make a half decent championship player.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

Mike wrote:FOr me he's quite like Hock. He does have some X-factor and seems to cause defenders a lot of trouble, but he also has the capacity to make bad errors both offloading and decision making.

I'd prefer to give him a little more time in the centre spot before making a judgement. He's not had a run there yet. He made saints num 3 look an idiot a couple of time in the first half. Did nothing in the second, but then who did? (apart from Pat and Hampshire!)
For me he would play better at second row, he's not clever enough to be a decent centre, his positional play is awful, the way he carries the ball leaves him open to striking if the ball and as for his tackling its near to shocking.

The game tonight wasn't lost by gelling though it was in the forwards, no go forward no space for Blake green or smith to dictate play, we need a pack to on forward to set the platform to give the backs room to play, in that room gelling might shine but I mean might, on tonight's performance he's more liability that ability
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He was poor tonight but he needs a run of games to make a decent decision upon him. The big ? Gelling or Thornley v London?
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

chrispie2 wrote:Unfortunately his performances are not up to scratch and he has been given plenty of time to develop by the club. Time to cut our losses and let him go.

We have an abundance of top class second rows so why would we need him there? His handling is shocking and he is way too skinny to make it at second row.

He won't make it at centre at this standard either. Would make a half decent championship player.

I agree, he doesn't really have the physical prowess to develop into a second rower, we have given him enough chances but he isn't developing quick enough to merit a starting position within the team