Watch the Catalans Game LIVE in the SS Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Watch the Catalans Game LIVE in the SS Bar

Post by ancientnloyal »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 535&type=1
Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that they will be screening the game against Catalans Dragons this Saturday (17th August) live for Members and Wigan TV subscribers in the South Stand Bar at the DW Stadium.

The Warriors travel to Perpignan for a vital clash against the Dragons in the race for Super League's top spot and the club wants to reward their members by showing this important fixture.

It is the first time any Rugby Club has been able to show the European game for its supporters at home and has been made possibly by the technical staff behind Wigan TV.

Commenting, Sam Lloyd from Wigan TV said:

"We will be working closely with BEiN Sport, the French broadcaster, and have organised to pick up the feed from their satellite.

"We are unable to show the game live through Wigan TV on this occasion due to the relevant broadcast agreements and licences, but the RFL have kindly allowed us to show it at the Stadium in a private room.

"We believe that there could be almost 1000 fans making the trip to France for the game but wanted to try and organise an opportunity for those who are unable to travel to watch the game.

"Our members events and live game broadcasts through Wigan TV this year have been really popular and I'm sure this one will be no different."

The event will include full match commentary with a non-travelling player summarising the action. There will also be a chance to win a whole host of fantastic prizes with a matchday raffle and the event is sure to have all the atmosphere of a gameday at the DW Stadium despite the game being in the South of France.

Tickets for the event will be available for MEMBERS ONLY and capacity is strictly limited to 500 with a cost of just £2 per person. Doors will open at 4.30pm on Saturday 17th August and bar facilities will be available with tickets on sale from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, via the Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552 or online via Warriors e-tickets.

Wigan Warriors 2013 Memberships can be found by [clicking here] and are available from just £10 with a three month subscription to Wigan TV available for just £9.99.

Tickets on sale from 1pm on Monday 12th August.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Re: Watch the Catalans Game LIVE in the SS Bar

Post by DaveO »

As with the promotion of the heritage game you have to give the club sme credit for its off field endeavours.

I know some people were a bit miffed at tickets for Hudds going for a fiver but we got 19000 and odd on for a club with next to no away support. That and things like this are IMO the best kind if things IL has brought to the club. Very innovative.

Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I'd go this but skint myself with the cost of my holiday and wembley
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

I think it's a really good idea screening this game, last year I searched everywhere for a place that was showing it. I'm actually going to the Catalans game this year, looking forward to the weekend trip. Is anyone else going, if so where are you staying? :cool:
No Money.... No Honey
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

CougarDeb wrote:I think it's a really good idea screening this game, last year I searched everywhere for a place that was showing it. I'm actually going to the Catalans game this year, looking forward to the weekend trip. Is anyone else going, if so where are you staying? :cool:

Lol Deb's on the pull :D
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

Shhhh don't tell everyone! There could be some rich Frenchmen out there :lol:
No Money.... No Honey
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

CougarDeb wrote:I think it's a really good idea screening this game, last year I searched everywhere for a place that was showing it. I'm actually going to the Catalans game this year, looking forward to the weekend trip. Is anyone else going, if so where are you staying? :cool:
Already down here. Drove down on Saturday/Sunday. Pack the sun cream, weathers glorious.
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

Ok thanks will pack cream, have fun, Ooh La La :lol1:
No Money.... No Honey
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

A few went to Lloret this morning. They are travelling to Perpignan on Saturday and staying at the Ibis till Monday'
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Better in Devon in my pool. Filled it with 'Blue Nun' Well it@s cheaper than metered tap water. Couger is welcome here any time.