The position of Wane as Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

The position of Wane as Coach

Post by Owd Codger »

Is it becoming a obsession with some and two in particular?
ancientnloyal

Re: The position of Wane as Coach

Post by ancientnloyal »

And you it seems hence the thread.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

God wrote:Untenable even if we do win something this year!!!

Based on what?
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

I think Wane should be given until the end of the season, regardless of the result on Saturday. If we end up not winning anything then maybe it's time for him to go. But if he does go who will replace him. Maybe Madge can send over his assistant for a couple of seasons?
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Sack him whether we win or not the man is useless as a coach
Kol

Post by Kol »

Wane is a joke and needs to go now. Even if we win the cc.

Once again he bottles it at the business end of the season.
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I have been a big supporter of Wane in the past.However,I have taken off my rose tinted glasses, left the grog in the fridge,and have started to take antidepressants instead.Due to the complete and utter garbage that is currently being played by a team that should be head and shoulders better than Le-Cats. Once again another dire performance that was worse than the Hkr match.I cannot defend him anymore. As as been said in a previous post we are going backwards under his directive.Other coaches have wised up to wane's tactics and are out maneuvering him with ease.I simply do not have an answer as to who would replace wane but I simply cannot ignore the fact that we are stagnating as a team.I am not being influenced by the opinion of others.This is simply my perception a perception that I cannot ignore.Yes I do like to see us rack up big scores against teams.But I would like to see us rack up big scores against the likes of warrington,huddersfield,leeds,and saints.Not just against the likes of London.We seem to have lost the winning mentality when other teams turn up to play hard.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Said before his appointment as head coach he weren't the right man ,

He will have his lads run through brick walls all day , where he lacks is in his ability to go round the brick walls .

For me he's took the side as far as he can ( and that's not very ).

He had great foundations when he took over from Madge, and IMO he's not used them to his advantage . Simple things not continued .

Can't doubt his passion for the club but you need more than that at this level .

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ste lord wrote:Said before his appointment as head coach he weren't the right man ,

He will have his lads run through brick walls all day , where he lacks is in his ability to go round the brick walls .

For me he's took the side as far as he can ( and that's not very ).

He had great foundations when he took over from Madge, and IMO he's not used them to his advantage . Simple things not continued .

Can't doubt his passion for the club but you need more than that at this level .
Not used the advantages he had because he's not bright enough!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

So if he wins the challenge cup, grand final or both do you really think they'll get rid of him? IMO it all comes down to results and if we win trophies he has done his job