Referee

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Referee

Post by ddtftf »

I thought the referee had a great game, hardly noticed him,. Thank God Ganson is gone, he would have made it the Ganson show.
yokozuna

Re: Referee

Post by yokozuna »

Agreed. He made a few mistakes, but nothing to complain about too loudly.

Also impressed (and shocked) to see a touch judge actually make a decision for once when Pat was obstructed running back for a Hull kick through.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

All officials were really good. I suppose Hull could have been penalised for holding down but on a difficult day, thought they all did very well.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:Thank God Ganson is gone, he would have made it the Ganson show.
This!

willie c

Post by willie c »

Best game Bentham has had for a long time
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
markill

Post by markill »

mickw wrote:His policing of the 10 metres was abysmal and as a consequence contributed little to the flow of the game.
The flow of the rain was what affected the flow of the game. Bentham and his TJs were solid. No ref can be perfect but the game wasn't changed on any referee decisions so you must credit them something.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hull had a rush defence out wide to negate or usual second man plays. They were often offside ad they looked to implement this tactic, but Bentham didn't pick up on it once.

Wane needs to make a fuss about this to ensure refs in the playoffs are checking rush defences are legal against us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wane has been making a fuss for the last 6 games.

The officials IMO were excellent
markill

Post by markill »

mickw wrote:
markill wrote:
mickw wrote:His policing of the 10 metres was abysmal and as a consequence contributed little to the flow of the game.
The flow of the rain was what affected the flow of the game. Bentham and his TJs were solid. No ref can be perfect but the game wasn't changed on any referee decisions so you must credit them something.
so neither team was offside in the whole of that game then?surely if the weathers bad its even more important to give the game a chance to be a spectical.
Teams are always offside in every game. Both teams equally so I would suspect.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
markill

Post by markill »

mickw wrote:
markill wrote:
mickw wrote:so neither team was offside in the whole of that game then?surely if the weathers bad its even more important to give the game a chance to be a spectical.
Teams are always offside in every game. Both teams equally so I would suspect.
eh so that's fine then?
Its not 'fine' but you can't call every offside. Its not how the games are refereed, it never has been.

The ref had no negative impact on the game yesterday in my opinion.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE