Ferres Selection Puzzle

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Ferres Selection Puzzle

Post by cpwigan »

BTW I think Ferres played well

HOWEVER,

If Ferres was not good enough to make the squad and Liam Farrell was, why then was Ferres selected before Farrell? I would like to believe Farrell was not suspended.

It shows why England RL / McNamara should be HONEST / UPFRONT or HAVE SAID NOTHING
Aluaka

Re: Ferres Selection Puzzle

Post by Aluaka »

Farrell made the cut of the selected 19 so I don't think he could've been one of the 'suspensions'?

I'd have liked to see Farrell yesterday, as he always gives his best at the big games.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Accepted which is why surely if Ferres was not good enough originally beg the question why should he then be selected ahead of somebody who was / is demmed better.
CasWigan

Post by CasWigan »

Did McBanana give an after match press conference?
He should have been explaining his team selection policy, why certain players were chosen and review their performances.
IMO this has been the biggest problem, lack of communication with fans and press.
I am sure at previous world cups we have had a team manager, I seem to remember that Maurice Lindsey once held that position.
We need someone that can Professionally handle any problems and face up the awkward press questions.
This is typical of Nigel Woods regime, a complete cock up.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Personally I think Ferres was selected as a replacement for Hock. Hes more physocal than Farrell and is a better attacking option. Not that I think that makes him the better option.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Personally I think Ferres was selected as a replacement for Hock. Hes more physocal than Farrell and is a better attacking option. Not that I think that makes him the better option.
But on that basis why even select Faz at all BP.If you want a different type of player?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Thats a point. Cant answer that. Doesnt make any sense
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Thats a point. Cant answer that. Doesnt make any sense
Me neither. The only possible conclusion I have is McNamara does not know what he is doing or is too heavily influenced by somebody?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Even if Ferres was a replacement for Hock, surely with a 24 man squad you have already got your first and second choices for each position. It does seem strange to lose a player and have to include the new addition to the squad straight into the team. What are the roles of the other squad players if they are noy 2nd choices?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I asked the same on another thread as I do not believe that a late replacement in a squad should walk straight into a team, especially when the player is no better than the one of the players originally selected.