Just a Newbie hello!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PaulC

Just a Newbie hello!

Post by PaulC »

Hi all, just a wee hello. After MANY year of watching union and league on TV with the 'old man' (hes more of a rugby nut than I was, but then he does have more years behind him ;-p ) I finally dragged him to the RLWC opener at the weekend. HOW AWESOME.

I couldn't believe what a difference it was watching the match in person!

5 Minutes after the match I'd bought tickets for the Big Hit and Wembley and by time we had driven home I'd bought a pair of Wigan Season Tickets!!

So, whilst I know very little about Wigan, they are my local team, so its time I started 'Squatting up'

Any body in west stand row G, seats 140 ish area, I look forward to seeing you next year ;-)

cpwigan

Re: Just a Newbie hello!

Post by cpwigan »

Welcome To the Madhouse. Hopefully you will see some great RL next season.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Thankyou, I hope so too!! I intend to be there for every Home match at least! (and with any luck a final or two!)
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Don't forget the Under 19 matches at Orrell, which are free entry for season ticket holders.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome to the site, looking forward to your posts in the future :)

How local are you BTW? :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Welcome Paul. :D
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Welcome Paul.
Like yourself I'm only new to the Wigan fold. I'm from NZ (my User name Mt Smart is the NZWarriors home ground ).

I followed the great Wigan sides of the nineteen eighties and nineties when they played on NZ T.V.

I've rejoined the Wigan Fold after the NZWarriors formalised a sister club arrangement with Wigan and Sam Tomkins was linked to the NZ club.

I've learned a lot in my short time back from very well informed Ruby league people here.

You've joined the right club in the ESL , Wigan are about excellence. That was the case when i first watched them and hasn't changed.

Looking forward to next season.