John Bateman?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

John Bateman?

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just heard that Bradford have released him and we have signed him on a 3 year deal!
Wigan's No. 2 Fan

Wigan sign Bateman from Bulls

Post by Wigan's No. 2 Fan »

From www.loverugbyleague.com

Wigan have signed back-rower John Bateman from Bradford for an undisclosed fee.

Bateman, 20, moves to the DW Stadium on a three-year deal, and will join his new team-mates at pre-season training later this month.

He said: "I am grateful to Wigan for giving me the opportunity to play at such a successful Club and I am looking forward to this new challenge in my career.

"I would like to thank everyone at Bradford for allowing me this opportunity and hope I can play my part in winning silverware with the Warriors."

Bateman made his first team debut with the Bulls back in 2011, but had an injury hit campaign in 2013.

In 2012, he captained the England academy side in Australia.

Warriors Rugby Manager Kris Radlinski added: "In John Bateman, we have a tremendous prospect. He has been tipped for the top in the game for some time and we are pleased to help him reach his potential. He is ambitious, hard- working and has a burning desire to succeed at the highest level.

"We intend to strip him down and build him back up, educating him on preparing his body for top grade Rugby League along the way."
RRR

Re: John Bateman?

Post by RRR »

its on the warriors website as so. Good news.
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 810&type=1
Wigan's No. 2 Fan

Re: Wigan sign Bateman from Bulls

Post by Wigan's No. 2 Fan »

Sean, Farrell, Hansen, Flower, Taylor, Pettybourne, Dudson, Crosby, Clubb, Hughes, Hopkins, Bateman, Powell, Burke, Lloyd, Lever,Greenwood...etc
A lot of forwards will all be kept on ?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wow!
He is a quite brilliant player. Having seen Eddie P absolutely terrorising the Cooks, and seen this, it has been a very good week to be a Wigan fan. Am guessing next year will be H's last, as Bateman is top quality. Who knows, maybe Koukash will pay a fee to take him "home".
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think we should go for Billy Twelvetrees. Or maybe Charlie Hherekotukutuku! :lol:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

"We intend to strip him down and build him back up, educating him on preparing his body for top grade Rugby League along the way."

Anyone else sense a snipe at Franny Cummins there after his little outburst earlier in the season?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jesus Crest, what a signing!!!! This lad is already quality but he has SO much potential to be anything he wants to be. Wire have been after him for a few seasons and I like most presumed he would go there if he left Bradford.

Best Wigan Signing News IN A LONG TIME

Well done Wigan RLFC!!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Best signing for a while this

If the lad applies himself could a future great he is an excellent player I've always rated him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Jesus Crest, what a signing!!!! This lad is already quality but he has SO much potential to be anything he wants to be. Wire has been after him for a few seasons and I like most presumed he would go there if he left Bradford.

Maybe he's one of the rare few who just aren't interested in backstage passes to meet One Direction? :lol: