Warriors confirm main sponsor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors confirm main sponsor

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors have confirmed ‘Houses for Homes’ will be their main sponsors next season.

The one-year deal will see their logo appear on both the home and away players’ and replica shirts during the forthcoming campaign.

Houses for Homes is a national company which is based in Wigan and has grown steadily since its formation in 2002. The company supplies social and extra care housing stock and accommodation to people across the country through registered housing providers.

Last season Wigan were initially sponsored by Applicado, before being replaced by Animalates later in the year. They also had one-match deals with DW Sports - for the Challenge Cup final - and the Superman movie.

Warriors Commercial Director Geoff Warburton said: “We are delighted to announce Houses for Homes as our new main club partners for 2014. HfH is a fantastic company which provides ordinary people with opportunities for better housing and in doing so it shares a unique synergy with our own beliefs.

“There is no doubt this partnership is a completely different proposition to the traditional sports sponsorship models that are out there and it will make a difference to communities throughout the country.”

The new Wigan Warriors home shirt design for 2014, which features the Houses for Homes logo, will be unveiled at a special event on Monday December 9, with more details to be released shortly.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-6284984
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AlanF

Re: Warriors confirm main sponsor

Post by AlanF »

Not the "WOW" factor sponsor I was hoping for, but I suppose in this climate at least we have one. Any ideas how much this sponsorship is worth?

I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Interesting how the WEP uses the term 'sponsor' but the Warriors web page uses the term 'partner'

Does this mean that no money is coming from them and is part of Wigan's community responsibility.

--------------------------------------------------------

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce a new agreement which will see ‘Houses for Homes' become Main Club Partners for 2014.

The agreement will see the Houses for Homes logo appear on both the home and away players' and replica shirts during the forthcoming campaign when the Warriors aim to successfully defend their Super League Title and Tetley's Challenge Cup which were won at Old Trafford and Wembley respectively during 2013.

The initial one-year agreement has been struck due to the strong community values that both organisations share. The focus of the partnership will be firmly on how the two organisations and their respective charitable Foundations will collaborate on a wide range of innovative community projects.

Houses for Homes is a national company which is based in Wigan and has grown steadily since its formation in 2002. The company supplies social and extra care housing stock and accommodation to people across the country through registered housing providers, turning houses into homes and estates into thriving communities.

The philosophy behind Houses for Homes has always been one of affordability and sustainability; supplying social housing for the community to a high standard of quality. The company works in partnership with all of its stakeholders; development partners, housing providers, local authorities and care providers to achieve this.

Double winners Wigan Warriors also hold strong community beliefs, not only in developing Rugby League throughout the region but also using their world-famous brand to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people and fans nationally every year.

Speaking about the agreement, Wigan Warriors Commercial Director Geoff Warburton said;

"We are delighted to announce Houses for Homes as our new Main Club Partners for 2014. HfH is a fantastic company which provides ordinary people with opportunities for better housing and in doing so it shares a unique synergy with our own beliefs. There is no doubt this partnership is a completely different proposition to the traditional sports sponsorship models that are out there and it will make a difference to communities throughout the country."

Ann Fairhurst, Director of Houses for Homes added;

"Our CEO Phil Shanks and I have always been impressed with the club's work and commitment to communities both in Wigan and further afield. Becoming Wigan Warriors' Main Club Partner will hopefully continue many years into the future as one of the cornerstones of the Houses for Homes Foundation project which will see us reinvest our partnership assets to support local communities and charitable initiatives across the country."

The new Wigan Warriors home shirt design for 2014, which features the Houses for Homes logo, will be unveiled at a special event on Monday 9th December, with more details to be released shortly

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 876&type=1
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Doesn't Wigan Warriors community have charity status and therefore is tax exempt? So maybe Wigan RLFC are trying to minimize their tax liability considering the revenue generated this year?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pathetic for a massively famous club thats just won the double
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As long a the deal is decent financially I do not see a problem. Lest people frget when JJB became our first sponsor they were merely a local sports shops.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

medlocke wrote:pathetic for a massively famous club thats just won the double
I think MEDS has a point tho' CP The sponser is getting more out of this deal (whatever it is) than we are . It say's a lot about the status of our game in the wider commercial arena I'm sorry to sy
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

devon jim 1 wrote:
medlocke wrote:pathetic for a massively famous club thats just won the double
I think MEDS has a point tho' CP The sponser is getting more out of this deal (whatever it is) than we are . It say's a lot about the status of our game in the wider commercial arena I'm sorry to sy
I can understand what you are both saying but none of us know exactly what the details are and local / regional companies are always going to be the keenest because with the best will in the world EVEN Wigan do not offer nationwide interest.

I will not be hasty in condemning the deal before we know more.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

AlanF wrote:Not the "WOW" factor sponsor I was hoping for, but I suppose in this climate at least we have one. Any ideas how much this sponsorship is worth?
I agree Alan at least we have a sponsor even if it is not mega bucks.But glad we are not giving it away to sport chains that make millions out of running sweat shops.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I would like to know how wire despite no success this year can bag such an amazing sponsor and we again seem to be rummaging round the bargain bin of wigan firms despite winning everything and being the most famous rugby team in the uk

Any sponsor is a good sponsor but I really think wigan should be aiming far far higher than this.

Even stains who have been in meltdown have typhoo which while not a glamour name at least I know who they are without having to read an article

If all other teams were struggling I would understand but it doesn't seem to be the case
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure