Nelson Mandela dies

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Nelson Mandela dies

Post by cpwigan »

:( RIP

A great and courageous man
platt-warrior

Re: Nelson Mandela dies

Post by platt-warrior »

RIP
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

RIP Mr Mandela
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

RIP Nelson Mandela he was one good man and he will be missed.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Got the impression listening to d,cameron that the spin doctors ensured the right words where uttered.Just speak from the heart not what the spin doctors think the public want to hear.The loss of a great man would have sufficed. :(
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A great man who stood up against a disgraceful bunch of Fascists in site of some of the nasty comments on the Wigan Today and Wigan World websites.

RIP Nelson Mandella.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:A great man who stood up against a disgraceful bunch of Fascists in site of some of the nasty comments on the Wigan Today and Wigan World websites.

RIP Nelson Mandella.
:conf: ????
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree :conf: ???
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Try having a look at the websites!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest i feel like the Mandela story should be a part of the school curriculum. I never understood the full story of what he went through and why until later in life as i was only 5-6 when he was released. I think you would be shocked to find out how many people don't know what he and other black african's went through and the dignity of the man.

For me it would be far more interesting and worthy story than a traditional lets say R.E class as it has everything. It shows Racism at its worst, but not only that it shows how Mandela fought it, how he tried to remain peaceful but also showed the human side where he realized peaceful approach was not working and tried a more forceful approach but how he never aimed to hurt people despite what they were doing, and the dignity he showed throughout including the forgiveness of so many that had done nothing but persecute himself and others of his race for years.

As a man and an inspiration he was/is without peer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure