Simon mannering

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
warrior1989

Simon mannering

Post by warrior1989 »

Could anyone shed some light on this rumour circulating on twitter that Wigan are signing Simon mannering for next season as captain, with lockers retiring and becoming assistant coach ? As I say it's a rumour on twitter and its been mentioned on Facebook.
Kittwazzer

Re: Simon mannering

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'd be happy with that. I believe he's a class act and from the stories I'm reading, NZW are in meltdown. Sam must keep his payslip in his arse pocket to remind himself why he went!
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

What about Shaun Johnson?
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
jobo

Post by jobo »

I like Mannering, especially when he plays and the Aussie commentators, who obviously haven't got Dad's Army, keep calling him Captain Mannering. Just a pity they haven't got a Private Pike.

That aside, he's a solid 100% player. Don't think he's got SOL's ball handling skills but reckon he'll thrive in SL and be an asset to us.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Great player 100% every game and a big guy.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jobo wrote:I like Mannering, especially when he plays and the Aussie commentators, who obviously haven't got Dad's Army, keep calling him Captain Mannering. Just a pity they haven't got a Private Pike
Stupid boy! :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:
jobo wrote:I like Mannering, especially when he plays and the Aussie commentators, who obviously haven't got Dad's Army, keep calling him Captain Mannering. Just a pity they haven't got a Private Pike
Stupid boy! :lol:
I'll tell mum and she wont like it Uncle Arthur :D :D
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mannering is a top player and probably a good leader and captain but do we need another back row forward as an essential buy next season.
Are there not other positions on the pitch that need strengthened more.
Have we enough leadership in the halves and are our centres good enough to continue for silverware.
markill

Post by markill »

Not seen much good out of Mannering for a couple of years but I'm sure he would do a good job in Super League. But want the rumour that this move would be for Lockers to retire? Of that's the case it's a downgrade.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

We tried to sign him about 7 yrs ago