Not square at the ptb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Not square at the ptb

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Has it become a more lenient rule or is it just Leeds? Havent really noticed it until last night but they could have only have been square for 30-40% of ptbs
Uncle Fester

Re: Not square at the ptb

Post by Uncle Fester »

Glad someone else noticed that, it gives them a huge advantage in defence. Maybe that's why they look so good when defending as the sky idiots never stop reminding us.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
doc

Post by doc »

I seem to remember reading somewhere either at the start of last season or start of this that it would not be policed as hard and that pens would only be given if it interfered with play.

If that is the case a clever coach would use it to his advantage as standing someone not square on the blind-side at the PTB would catch the eye of the hooker and force them to go open-side where the defending team could afford to have an extra man.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You can use it to your advantage BTW. I

If you look at Leeds v us once the dummy half pass goes one way the other side of the Leeds line totally switch off. Leeds also left the middle less guarded in favour of adding defence out wide. A pass open quickly followed by a pass blind or a drop off (the Walsh blind inside pass was a thing of beauty!) would open Leeds up down the middle. If you never ask questions centrally you get even less joy outside on the fringes out wide.
Alreetas

Post by Alreetas »

If you are not square it is not a penelty if you make an attempt to get to the mark where you should be,
that was the new ruling
To understand the man you must first understand his demons