Sam Powell, George Williams or Ryan Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Sam Powell, George Williams or Ryan Hampshire

Post by Panchitta Marra »

We have some very good intelligent posters on this site and some like me who shoot off the cuff a bit.
Without getting into an massive argument, who would you choose as the replacement of Blake Green, giving some suggestion why.
I think the most natural stand off we have is Ryan Hampshire who is very knowledgeable in the way wigan play in the halves, is quick in both mind and body and looks the real deal.
Wes

Re: Sam Powell, George Williams or Ryan Hampshire

Post by Wes »

Ryan hampshire.

Some of our young kids who are playing week in week out have done a fantastic job but they are looking tired after a few big games so using Ryan at 6 gives someone like Williams a much needed break and we as fans get to have a look at Rocky in his best position.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think williams had a poor game at 6 in the last match and its only fair to give Hampshire a crack there.

Powell feels like the safe of the 3 but i do get that edge forward with hampshire where everytime he gets the ball youre wondering what he will do next.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully each one will get an opportunity. A lot depends upon how they combine with Matty Smith.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cpwigan wrote:Hopefully each one will get an opportunity. A lot depends upon how they combine with Matty Smith.
:roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ryan Hampshire is a six, not a seven or a fullback!

George Williams is a seven who can cover at hooker!

Sam Powell is a six who can cover at hooker!

Why do we insist on playing players out of positions that they've played the majority of their careers?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

Hampshire and Williams as stand off and scrum half respectively were outstanding together, almost telepathic in their understanding of each other's game. Can see Powell slotting in as a hooker, third halfback type of player.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:Ryan Hampshire is a six, not a seven or a fullback!

George Williams is a seven who can cover at hooker!

Sam Powell is a six who can cover at hooker!

Why do we insist on playing players out of positions that they've played the majority of their careers?
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
markill

Post by markill »

Sam Powell for me is the one who has most resembled Green in his playing style, of the three. Don't know if that would be a factor. Powell for me has been the most assertive in the halves on the first team chances, I'm thinking of Widnes away last year and that friendly against a NZW XIII in particular. Williams is great but not a six. Hampshire is electric but maybe it's more suitable in the full back role for the way we play.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I would have Sargison at full back Rocky and Williams halfbacks Powell on the bench as stand in for MM who in my opinion would make a good loose forward when Lockers retires.