Bulls part company with coaches

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Bulls part company with coaches

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Brian Noble to return? He's out of a job.

Not the man they want though unless (as he did when he arrived at Wigan) he turns up with at least a couple of quality players.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Noble will want a SL club not a Championship one, which is what Bradford will be next year.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure what they expected Cummins and co to do beyond what they have.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Not sure what they expected Cummins and co to do beyond what they have.
I guess they expected to avoid relegation, which was always a step too far with failing to reduce the 6 point penalty deduction.
A last gasp attempt to pull off a miracle that they didn't see cummins pulling off.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sacking Cummings is business decision - First & Foremost

BRADFORD Bulls’ managing director Steve Ferres says sacking Francis Cummins was “extremely hard” considering the loyal service their head coach has given the troubled club.

They parted company with him yesterday less than 24 hours after an embarrassing 46-18 defeat at struggling Salford Red Devils left them eight points adrift of safety with 11 games left.

Relegation-threatened Bradford have also dismissed long-serving assistant Lee 
St Hilaire so captain Matt Diskin takes charge temporarily for Friday’s visit from Hull KR.

Cummins, 37, initially joined as Mick Potter’s assistant at the end of 2010 and succeeded the Australian ahead of last season.

But he has been inundated with problems throughout – many beyond his control.

Cummins selflessly worked unpaid when the club went into administration, saw a raft of players leave this term due to more financial problems and, of course, was left powerless as the Bulls were docked six points for entering administration again earlier this year.

He has handled himself with dignity throughout, meaning the West Yorkshire club have come in for fierce criticism now for relieving him of his duties when his contract ran until the end of 2015.

However, Ferres told The Yorkshire Post: “Obviously, first and foremost this is a business and we’ve to act accordingly.

“It was an extremely hard decision. I’ve been involved in the game a lot of years and – though it was a board decision – just to be involved in it was very, very difficult considering the outstanding way in which Franny’s conducted himself during his time here. That’s never been in question.

“But unfortunately at this time we are lacking on the playing side and that needs to improve.

“We feel we need to change the direction now to implement the changes we have to make moving forward and this is the right one.”

There is a sense Bradford, who have won just two of their last 13 Super League games, are already resigned to life in the Championship but Ferres countered: “We won’t be thinking about that until mathematically we can’t achieve Super League. We probably need six victories and it’s do-able if we win at home and pinch one away. But the time for talking has gone. We need to deliver.”

Potential replacements could include Brian Noble – who led Bradford to their last title success in 2005 – and ex-Bulls second-row Glenn Morrison, who has been a revelation in his short time at Dewsbury Rams.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/ru ... -1-6677010
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Both Noble and Morrison were well liked by the Bradford fans and I could see a place for both of them returning to the club.

But we shall see what happens in due course!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Diskin not interested in Bradford Bulls job

Temporary Bradford Bulls coach Matt Diskin has confirmed he is not interested in the role on a full-time basis, as the fallout continues from the departure of Francis Cummins from the club.

Diskin will take charge for the first time this Friday, as the Bulls look to launch a remarkable survival bid by toppling Hull Kingston Rovers and narrow the eight-point gap between them and 12th placed Wakefield. But the 32-year-old insists he is not concerned with taking on the job full-time – as speculation grows over potential replacements.

“It is a short-term fix – I am standing in and have no intention of continuing in this role long-term. I am faced with difficult decisions this week with regards to team selection,” Diskin said.
“However, the team’s drive to provide a response will assist in us getting through this testing period.”

“As I said, the situation I find myself in is far from ideal, however, I am as captain of the Bradford Bulls, the next in line to guide the team into battle.

“Having said that, I do not for one minute believe or see this as an opportunity to achieve anything as a coach.”

http://www.totalrl.com/diskin-intereste ... -bulls-job
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sacking Cummins wrong, says Bradford Bulls captain

Bradford Bulls captain – and temporary coach – Matt Diskin has said that the decision to sack head coach Francis Cummins and assistant Lee St Hilaire was the wrong one for the club’s future.

The duo were dismissed on Monday following Bradford’s defeat to Salford Red Devils, with Diskin placed in charge ahead of Friday’s game against Hull Kingston Rovers.

And Diskin has told fans that he doesn’t agree with the decision – but respects the decision of the board moving forward.

“We have to respect the board’s decision regarding the dismissal of Francis and Lee. Saying that, we don’t have to agree with it and personally I think it is the wrong decision in regards to the club’s long-term future,” Diskin said on his Twitter account.

“The facts are that we are in a results-based industry and as a group of players we have not transferred the skills, game plans and attitude that is of a high standard on the training field into our competitive games.

“This is something some of the most successful coaches in the world would struggle to remedy.”

http://www.totalrl.com/sacking-cummins- ... ls-captain