George Williams / Budgie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

George Williams / Budgie

Post by cpwigan »

Look to me like the types of players who would play well on an artificial pitch.
First Try Tickle

Re: George Williams / Budgie

Post by First Try Tickle »

If they played with Wigan shirts on they would have been shocking, as everything was tonight.

We usually go to Widnes with the kids, now I wish we had.
BriH

Post by BriH »

mickw wrote:All the teams have worked out our attack and how to stop it and without Sam it's not effective anyway so where's plan b.
Very good point. I've been scratching my head to explain our poor recent form and I think your right.
Or....there is a more fundamental, serious reason???
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Look to me like the types of players who would play well on an artificial pitch.
I think that because they both had leg injuries they were not risked on that pitch, whereas Thornley and MM had upper body injuries. That is my logical view!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

mickw wrote:All the teams have worked out our attack and how to stop it and without Sam it's not effective anyway so where's plan b.
Because we have a coach who is incapable of coaching any other game other than the one that was left to him, he's still trying to do the same game plan with clearly inferior players that are simply not good enough. IMO wane does not have the coaching ability or tactical ability to change anything or even coach to our players strengths which at this moment in time seems a very small list of strengths!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

superleague wrote:
Because we have a coach who is incapable of coaching any other game other than the one that was left to him, he's still trying to do the same game plan with clearly inferior players that are simply not good enough. IMO wane does not have the coaching ability or tactical ability to change anything or even coach to our players strengths which at this moment in time seems a very small list of strengths!
SL may have a point :exc: Do the players have to be that special in this competition though? Yes, we were dire BUT Widnes should have put 70+ on us given our mistakes and penalties conceded.

Anybody else think the MMA jaunt has led to conceding more penalties?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:
That is a very good point. Wrong time of the season to adapt tackling techniques imo
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
That is a very good point. Wrong time of the season to adapt tackling techniques imo
Who said they have been adapted. They do MMA, Wrestling etc all year round and one trip to a gym is hardly going to change anything. People are reading far too much into that.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The glut of penalties conceded seemed to coincide with that MMA session.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm not sure about that - we seem to be behind in the penalty count all the time over the last few months. Our discipline used to be a strong point but recently its gone right downhill.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐