Joe Burgess on the MEN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Joe Burgess on the MEN

Post by gillysmyhero »

Website it says that it is believed that he has agreed to join Sydney Roosters for the 2016 season and that it is also believed that a deal has already been done. I hope not because I don't want to lose a player of his calibre and also because I think it might be too soon for him any thoughts .
adiddy

Re: Joe Burgess on the MEN

Post by adiddy »

Good for budgie if true and arse for us if true!!! IL better have a top nrl replacement winger coming back this way!!!! Not great for season ticket sales this!!!! Another star going!!!

Matt
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

adiddy wrote:Good for budgie if true and arse for us if true!!! IL better have a top nrl replacement winger coming back this way!!!! Not great for season ticket sales this!!!! Another star going!!!

Matt
Tommy Makkinson was the rumour last week. Given the Burgess one seems right then this could get interesting.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

It seems that he's only on about 11k a year at Wigan as he's still on a junior contract and they've offered him 90k a year. I think the days of IL pay the youngsters on the the cheap because it's Wigan are over and we cou and be losing another home grown player.
cpwigan

Observer latest

Post by cpwigan »

Budgie linked with the Roosters and Dudson with the Eels.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They barely have time to become stars before they leave. This is getting beyond a joke if true now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

CPW has just posted something similar about an article in the Wigan Observer
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gillysmyhero wrote:It seems that he's only on about 11k a year at Wigan as he's still on a junior contract and they've offered him 90k a year. I think the days of IL pay the youngsters on the the cheap because it's Wigan are over and we cou and be losing another home grown player.
Burgess is already a first team regular. Who else is going to take his pace?

We have few star players in the side now and if we don't move quickly to sign players like Burgess up on a proper first team wage once it is obvious how talented they are then we will lose them.

The club seems incredibly slow to act at times.

adiddy

Post by adiddy »

thegimble wrote:
adiddy wrote:Good for budgie if true and arse for us if true!!! IL better have a top nrl replacement winger coming back this way!!!! Not great for season ticket sales this!!!! Another star going!!!

Matt
Tommy Makkinson was the rumour last week. Given the Burgess one seems right then this could get interesting.
Like I said, I hope IL has got a top nrl winger coming back this way!!! :conf:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Time Mr Lenegan realised that slavery was abolished many years ago!
Pulling a cherry and white shirt on doesn't pay the electricity bill, you need pound notes.
Mr Lenegan is a hard nosed businessman and while he claims to be a fan he also has a football team to support! At the end of the day the pound note will always rule when it comes to the choice of quality or a will do player and the extra mile will be ignored.
The cynic in me feels that a third year for Mango would be Mr Lenegan's vision of appeasement for the fans at Budgie's departure.
I hope I'm wrong!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield