IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO WUD IT BE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dean Ov Yick

IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO WUD IT BE

Post by Dean Ov Yick »

JUST LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS ON WHO COULD REPLACE BETTS AT COACH IF HE DID GET SACKED. HOW ABOUT PHIL CLARKE?
mrs_carney

Re: IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO ...

Post by mrs_carney »

most probably chris anderson
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
100% Warrior

Re: IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WHO ...

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm thinking the same as Mrs Carney.

If Denis was removed from his position as coach I can only imagine a person like Chris Anderson taking the job.

But I cannot see this happening, you have to give Denis a chance to turn things around.

If poor form continued long term maybe, but don't you think a club like Widnes would love to be in our present league position.
jinkin jimmy

Re: IF WE GOT A NEW COACH ...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Yes Widnes would love to be in our position. However, Leeds, Saints, Hull, Bradford and Salford wouldn't. Ye gods, is this what we have come to - happy that we aren't in a relegation slot?
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm not saying that either myself or other Warriors fans are happy in the position we find ourselves in now, all I was trying to point out was things could be worse.

Granted things are not perfect at present but to continually ask for wholesale changes is not the way to move forward.

Some fans say it's Maurice's fault ... who do you replace him with ??

Another section say it's Denis' fault ... if so who would make things right ??

Other fans say some players shouldn't be in the squad ... fair enough, who do you replace them with whilst staying beneath the salary cap ??

Everyone knows that things aren't going well at present but I'd sooner the club took it's time and indentified the problems properly rather than yet another short term fix which ends up with us in the same position.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Now this is my kind of topic !!
What on earth are you talking about "Things could be worse" you mean we could be relegated, no ground and on the verge of bankrupcy ????

You take the buiscuit !!!!

WE NEE A COACH, IMO it could be anyone, as anyone could do a better job than bungling Betts !!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

I personally don't blame Betts,it's the people/person who gave him the job in the 1st place that are at fault,when are they going to learn,we've been down this road before with an inexperienced Coach and it simply does'nt work,only need to look back a few years,Gregory,Hughes,Goodway etc ok I know Greg was ill but let's be honest he was'nt good enough to make us a Champion side again,and the others were sacked because they could'nt do the job,only a matter of time before the same happens to Betts but like I say I think he's trying his best with what he's got available but I don't think that he's the man for the job!
we_need_a_coach

chorleywarrior posted:
I personally don't blame Betts,it's the people/person who gave him the job in the 1st place that are at fault,when are they going to learn,we've been down this road before with an inexperienced Coach and it simply does'nt work,only need to look back a few years,Gregory,Hughes,Goodway etc ok I know Greg was ill but let's be honest he was'nt good enough to make us a Champion side again,and the others were sacked because they could'nt do the job,only a matter of time before the same happens to Betts but like I say I think he's trying his best with what he's got available but I don't think that he's the man for the job!
:angry: What do you mean "you don't blame Betts" the other coaches you mention where put in place, not good enough, replaced, what makes Betts any different, he's had his chance aka Doris, they should go now, before more damage is done !!

:angry:
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

The point I'm making is that if you were at Wigan and you got offered the chance to Coach the 1st team would you say "Thanks but,no thanks" or would you have a go at it,I don't blame Betts for having a go anyone in his shoes would have done the same,but like I say he's not up to it because he's not expeienced enough!!
And should never have been offered the position in the 1st place,now do you see where I'm coming from WNAC???
we_need_a_coach

:conf: Yes I see where your coming from, but where are you going ? You do agree he has to go don't you ???
:conf: