Whelan could sell Warriors !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Whelan could sell Warriors !

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( See report on News page of this site, or back WEP.

This is now very real, it is happening before our eyes, I hope everyone is happy, I did try to tell everyone in advance, let's see what happens, and where we end up playing, my bet is Leigh !

:angry: :angry:
Fraggle

Re: Whelan could sell Warriors...

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:

This is now very real, it is happening before our eyes, I hope everyone is happy, I did try to tell everyone in advance, let's see what happens, and where we end up playing, my bet is Leigh !

Sorry to disappoint you, but Mike's link on the News page of this site is just pointing out the article in the WEP, which is published on the web as www.wigantoday.net. It's only the one source of news, and the WEP is hardly the most reliable source of news in any case.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
HappyHooker

Re: Whelan could sell Warr...

Post by HappyHooker »

hope fraggle is right an not wnac... only just joined and might have to change my name from HappyHooker to the Hooker formally known as Happy! :eusa4:
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

HappyHooker posted:
hope fraggle is right an not wnac... only just joined and might have to change my name from HappyHooker to the Hooker formally known as Happy! :eusa4:
I'm not saying WNAC's wrong, but the WEP doesn't have a good record in separating fact from rumour and it's very wise to take stories like this with a pinch of salt until the story is picked up by the wider media. Despite WNAC's claims of doom and disaster, Wigan is still a big enough concern to make the national media (BBC, SportingLife etc) and they tend to be a bit more thorough in their research - ie they only publish if they can back up their claims.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Interestingly, looking elsewhere on the web someone comments that this same story was in the Manchester Evening News weeks ago http://www.totalrl.com/fansforum/index. ... opic=13352. Is it really news? Or is this just businessmen playing games with their businesses, as they do from time-to-time to try and make money? How do we know there aren't people telephoning to find out the availability of businesses (such as rugby league teams) on a regular basis and DW's just making these announcements to affect the possible money being offered in one of these regular enquiries?

[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

we_need_a_coach posted:

WNAC, excuse my ignorance but why is this particularly bad news? Additionally what benefit would Latics get from chucking us out of the JJB, would they not benefit from the revenue?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

WNAC, excuse my ignorance but why is this particularly bad news? Additionally what benefit would Latics get from chucking us out of the JJB, would they not benefit from the revenue?
#14 on the list of questions WNAC has been asked more than once on here without giving a reply... don't hold your breath Rob! Except that it's not Latics who would get anything from us staying or leaving, it's Whelan / Whelco Holdings who would benefit from renting the stadium to us - in much the same way they do now, strangely enough, and Whelan / Whelco who would get no income from us if we had to leave the stadium - which seems a strange thing to do if you ask me, turn down money.

[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
#14 on the list of questions WNAC has been asked more than once on here without giving a reply... don't hold your breath Rob! Except that it's not Latics who would get anything from us staying or leaving, it's Whelan / Whelco Holdings who would benefit from renting the stadium to us - in much the same way they do now, strangely enough, and Whelan / Whelco who would get no income from us if we had to leave the stadium - which seems a strange thing to do if you ask me, turn down money.
That's what I was thinking too Fraggle, if you think about it, it isn't really good or bad news. For WNAC though I'd have thought it was good news, he's been begging for change for ages, now it might be on its way he's all doom and gloom again.

It seems like people are starting to panic for no good reason, we don't know what is happening yet and to be kicked out of the ground seems ludicrous to me, there is no sense behind the rumour.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:

WEP also said we were signing the fletcher guy whos now at castleford, dont believe everything you read in the papers!
Would you rather it happened behind our back in secret and one day we turned up and they announced it had happened was a done deal and so long?
We have been playing together at the stadium for years and had no problems so far so why because they MIGHT be getting promoted do we have to pack our bags and leave? If we went to leigh though, they'd be able to see what a full stadium looked like :lol:
WNAC just to inform you, one day the world will end, but it wont be the day wigan get bought!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If the new ground is built where they say it will be (in Leigh) I can walk to the games, enabling me to offer more financial support in the way of beer purchases!!
In fact, we should go further and merge the clubs. I believe Leigh have some good players we could try out (Turley, Smyth, Jones...) :wink: