Manny v Floyd

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Smokie Jim

Manny v Floyd

Post by Smokie Jim »

My head says Floyd; my heart Manny. Could Manny win? Yes. KO ? Yes
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Manny v Floyd

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Floyd all day long!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

50/50 fight.

But boxing i do not trust and i am gong for a very controversial win for Manny or Floyd which guarantees next year a rematch which the other wins and then a 3rd fight the year after.

2 winners the boxers and the money they would get.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

think its a year to late for manny ,though id love to be wrong
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Floyd should win but Manny has a chance 75/25 in favour of Floyd IMO.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Yea. Floyd is most fans choice. However I was a little surprised when John Nelson tipped manny. I'd be very interested to know Khan's opinion
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The biggest chance Manny has is that Floyd does not love boxing and perhaps his motivation will not be what is should be. I doubt that though. Either way, I think both camps have been clever stringing the boxing public along and cashing in cheque after cheque before building to this fantastic pension pay day. It reminds me of Leonard v Hagler in many respects and the pure boxer just won out then.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Would Leonard have beaten Hagler had they both fought at their prime?
Same here with the fight maybe 3 or 4 years too late for them being at their best.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Would Leonard have beaten Hagler had they both fought at their prime?
Same here with the fight maybe 3 or 4 years too late for them being at their best.
The answer to that is probably not albeit it would still be close. Although Leonard got sucked in, Duran shows the difference between a fighter at his best versus a fighter past their best when he fought Leonard.

I think Manny and Floyd could have had a trio of fights but the way it worked out allowed both to take other fights, sometime much easier than go to war with each other 3 times and still earn huge money
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If manny was othordox id say he would get resoundedly beaten by PBF, however PBF has always struggled against southpaws, granted his record tells you that he has always beaten them too, but they trouble him much more.

I think PBF is naturally bigger which will help, i think he is hoping manny will try and knock him out.

Shane Mosley rocked PBF a few times in their fight which shows his chin can be found nowadays something that wasnt a factor in the past.

I think the major factor in this fight is PBF will have to fight, something he doesnt like to do, he wont be able to sit back an pot shot his way through rounds as mannys workrate will mean he will edge points on rounds so PBF is going to have to engage and personally i think he is going to have to knock Manny out
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure