Bob Beswick

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Smokie Jim

Bob Beswick

Post by Smokie Jim »

Hope you know who watched how a good dummy half could play
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Bob Beswick

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Slim Jim wrote:Hope you know who watched how a good dummy half could play
Behave Jim getting boring now!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Slim Jim wrote:Hope you know who watched how a good dummy half could play
Lets swap him and Mac then, and see how poor Wigan would be with their new dummy half.
Hope we draw them away in the next round of the CC for you to see how Beswick would cope with a proper tough hooker in his face all game, plus we would see Leigh's 100% home record disappear.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Beswick was poor when he played for us at back row but even though he's changed positions and played at many clubs since I've never once thought that we made a mistake releasing him.i would be the first to admit it if I thought we had.wigan v Leigh.bring it on.wigan by 30 I think as Salford were busted
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Bob Beswick is one of the names that takes me back to a time I don't want to even think about any more.
TrueBlueWarrior

Jim is on the wind up people, don't take him on, or he genuinely is clueless about RL just like he is about boxing!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Firestarter wrote:Beswick was poor when he played for us at back row but even though he's changed positions and played at many clubs since I've never once thought that we made a mistake releasing him.i would be the first to admit it if I thought we had.wigan v Leigh.bring it on.wigan by 30 I think as Salford were busted
Just for the record Wigan did not release him. They offered him a new contract he turned it down for regular games. He was also far from poor for Wigan.It.s amazing that once they leave wigan they become poor players. Bobs a top player that gives 100% every game regardless of who he plays for.
TrueBlueWarrior

He might give 100% every game and be playing well for Leigh in the championship but he is not a top player otherwise he would be doing it in super league regularly and have done all his career!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I never said he didn't try I just thought he wasn't up to scratch as a back rower( too small I thought)and no I'm not one of them fans who knocks a player after they leave because I've gone mad at the talent we have let go over the years.sean long,Kevin brown,Bobby Goulding,mark Preston,Barrie McDermott,Scott naylor,Augustine odonnell,lee Gilmore,( need I go on?). And most of these players have come back to haunt us.thats my point
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea I wouldn't swap mm for any hooker playing over here.maybe one or two better playing in aus.cameron smith is a great leader and organiser.and penriths segeyaro is dynamic.i would love to have him and Mac at Wigan with him coming on as mm tires.also Robbie Farrar off wests is quality( very similar to mm).i honestly don't believe that Beswick is in the same world as mm and any off the above but that is only my opinion and we're all entitled to one