Waney giving the Hull KR team talk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Waney giving the Hull KR team talk

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Wigan Warriors coach Shaun Wane has said that talk of revenge in the Hull KR camp ahead of their Challenge Cup tie on Friday has “upset” his squad.

Wigan won 60-0 at the DW Stadium in the league two weeks ago, but Robins players have spoken of a much improved performance to try and ensure fans the same won’t happen again at Leigh Sports Village on Friday night.

And that has annoyed Wane, who says his players have been upset by the comments – and they are determined to inflict the same result on KR.

“Some of the comments made have upset our players and we’re going into the game with a fire in our bellies,” Wane told the Wigan Today website.

“Since that loss, they’re talking the talk about how it’s going to be a different game – and now it’s up to us to make it the same game.”

http://www.totalrl.com/hull-kr-comments ... ays-wane/?

Will Waney ever learn to keep his mouth shut?

No doubt the above words will be pinned up int the HKR changing rooms
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
The booze hound

Re: Waney giving the Hull KR team talk

Post by The booze hound »

What's Wane done wrong here? What would you prefer? Wane to say we will win easily so we're not taking this game seriously or Wane to say my players are fired up and are looking forward to getting stuck in? Wane can't do right for doing wrong in some eyes.
It's better than the usual drivel you get off most coaches giving compliments to the other team, saying how well coached they are, how good their players are and how well organised they are. Sod that, say it how it is.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I for one, would be more interested to know how many of those who spend their time swiping at Wane will be at the LSV for the game.

Or will it be the usual couple of pints in the pub for some seeing that it is on Sky?
East Stand Faithful

Whelley Warrior wrote:I for one, would be more interested to know how many of those who spend their time swiping at Wane will be at the LSV for the game.

Or will it be the usual couple of pints in the pub for some seeing that it is on Sky?

Eh up another thread derailed by personal agendas.

This is getting beyond tedious.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:I for one, would be more interested to know how many of those who spend their time swiping at Wane will be at the LSV for the game.

Can't help himself can he.The thread was about Wane motivating hkr so thanks ESF.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the comment should be for the players in private and not for the press.It also contradicts the statements made previously by the players who have all said Hull KR are better with Campese in the team.
East Stand Faithful

KOOCH wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:

Can't help himself can he.The thread was about Wane motivating hkr so thanks ESF.
Cheers Kooch for your positive comments.

To put the record straight i know Waney personally and would tell him to his face he shouldnt be winding up the opposition. Furthermore, i rang him up when he was assistant to Madge and gave him some advice on a technology he could use to his advantage. This technology is now used by Wigan and i guess Salford as Russ MacFarlane has now moved there. I hope Waney succeeds as coach and brings the silverware back this season. No personal comments from me just facts!!!!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I can't see what Wane has said wrong.For me said the right thing at the right time.It's his job to motivate players and I think he has.This Wane basher will be there as he is with all Wigans games :)
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't see nothing wrong with what Wane has said! Tedious for me is picking up on EVERYTHING he says, as they say let the results do the talking. If Wane gets us results great keep him in the job, if he doesn't then time for a change, simple as that. I don't care 1 bit what he says in the media to be honest. Linking what he says in the media to having an impact on results is very risky.

“Some of the comments made have upset our players and we’re going into the game with a fire in our bellies,” Wane told the Wigan Today website.

“Since that loss, they’re talking the talk about how it’s going to be a different game – and now it’s up to us to make it the same game.”

Wow, what was he thinking saying this?
:lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
East Stand Faithful

Wigan take motivational techniques very seriously. They compile video footage to show players to get them up for games.

My point here is that the words in the quote from Waney will be used by HKR to motivate their team - why feed the opposition with ammunition?