Why?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rl fan

Why?

Post by rl fan »

Just wanted to know why don't as many people go to Challenge cup games? as they do Superleague for example if Salford and London played and it was superleague they would be more there :conf:
silver surfer

Re: Why?

Post by silver surfer »

rl fan posted:
Just wanted to know why don't as many people go to Challenge cup games? as they do Superleague for example if Salford and London played and it was superleague they would be more there :conf:
Perhaps fans who already have a season ticket for league games can't afford to fork out for cup matches as well.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I doubt your example is an effective one to be honest! Just like Wigan playing UTC in superleague, never going to be a big crowd on, it's not established enough over there yet.
I agree though that the numbers aren't too high for the challenge cup matches so far, I'm sure the Saints Wigan one won't let us down though.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think next season quite a few people will goto the UTC game out of curiosity, they'll have more decent players with them next season. They won't bring the fans over in as many numbers as Leeds and Bradford do but I think the Wigan supporting crowd will be higher than the cup game.

Another thing with the cup is that the early stages are generally less interesting. The tension doesn't really start to build until the quarters.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Well I didn't have the money cos I'm saving for my Huddersfield ticket. Yep I'm skint.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Know the feeling! I've been today for my warrington and saints tickets, and then found out Leeds is all ticket too!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
Know the feeling! I've been today for my warrington and saints tickets, and then found out Leeds is all ticket too!
But don't you old guys pay less than the likes of Doug & I? :roll:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:

But don't you old guys pay less than the likes of Doug & I? :roll:
:tong1: Cheeky young pup! I'm not THAT old!
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Is the warrington match all ticket then???

:roll:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TomThumb posted:
Is the warrington match all ticket then???

:roll:
Don't think so, but we get 10% of the take for tickets sold from the JJB, according to
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=1258
which is a good enough reason for me!