Is Lockers To Blame??????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Is Lockers To Blame??????

Post by medlocke »

Could Lockers be part of the problem, after a rocky start to the season we figured out how to play without him, he comes back and it all goes tits up, could his rift with Waney be unsettling the rest of the team, is he finished in the game but won't accept it?, it has got me wondering
DaveO

Re: Is Lockers To Blame??????

Post by DaveO »

If he's to blame its for not doing a Shaun Edwards and as captain getting a team which can't play the tactics Wane clearly sends them out with to adopt a different approach. At least when they clearly are not working as was the case tonight.

We don't seem to have anyone organising anything at times on-field.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

I hate to say it, but I thinks Lockers self life is fast approaching.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Yes and no. Yes because his passing ability makes it easier to get drawn into excessive lateral wide shifts whereas Bateman at LF actually helped the team sometimes work at the POTB area because, Bateman is runner first and foremost.

Joel being at centre rather than second row does not help

OBVIOUSLY Waneball is the child of somebody with a romantic nonsensical idea of how RL should be played.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

shad·ow (shăd′ō)

a. A dark area or shape made by an object blocking rays of light.

b. An imitation or inferior version: e.g. "This player is a shadow of the RL fighting force player he once was” …

A&L
(just like Belfast!)
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Don't think Lockers is the issue. Played okay tonight when we got going

From being at the match tonight i truly believe somthing is wrong behind the scenes. For fifty minutes only a couple of players looked like they could be bothered.

If we could play a full game like we did the last 30 minutes i would be happy.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

No he isn't to blame. He is shot but he is not to blame.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Caboosegg wrote: For fifty minutes only a couple of players looked like they could be bothered.

Were do you get 30 minutes from?

At best, we had a more positive attitude for about the last 20 minutes. The rest of the time, players ambled back into the defensive line like they had the World's issues on their back, walked to scrums like they were walking a dog and generally took at least 3 ptb before actually getting back onside from any and every kick.

So lethargic I almost fell asleep with some of those on the pitch
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GBH

Post by GBH »

butt monkey wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: For fifty minutes only a couple of players looked like they could be bothered.

Were do you get 30 minutes from?

At best, we had a more positive attitude for about the last 20 minutes. The rest of the time, players ambled back into the defensive line like they had the World's issues on their back, walked to scrums like they were walking a dog and generally took at least 3 ptb before actually getting back onside from any and every kick.

So lethargic I almost fell asleep with some of those on the pitch
Exactly they are obviously not happy something has to change and quickly, in some respects how else can they get there point across other than by that sort of performance? if no one is listening?
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Ive been saying since he returned from injury he just isnt the same player and at the moment he's notworth his place in the sidequite why SW felt he had to rush him back is beyond me the team had learnt,very well at the time,how to play without him but i suppose not having a reserve side to give him game time doesnt helpbut his timeis nearly up but who will be brave enough to call time?