no major signings rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

no major signings rumour

Post by southportcdm »

With the Chris Bridge rumour (thankfully) going quiet and the chairman's claim that we won't be signing Stefan Ratchford, isn't it most likely now that we won't make a significant signing next season? Sam was the big one (very pleased about it too). There may be a couple of players 'shuffled' here and there (Jack Hughes, Greg Burke, Rhodri Lloyd, Larne Patrick et al) and a couple of youngsters promoted to the first team squad (not certain who's in the frame). Like most fans I like the idea of a possible big signing but I'm not getting my hopes up only to see them dashed. I really don't think that the money (space on the cap) is there.
old hooker

Re: no major signings rumour

Post by old hooker »

League Weekly now linking Bridge with Widnes thank heavens
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

IL actually said that he would like to sign Ratchford, but he would not be doing so.

By that, I got the impression that Ratchford is happy at Warrington and we have no chance of signing him.

Unless of course, anyone knows different!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

IL wanting to sign Ratchford but won't doesn't necessarily mean that Ratchford doesn't want to come to Wigan.
Maybe the financial outgoings to make the deal are a factor in this?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's been over a week since my first post on this topic. Seems as though I was right unless anyone knows more! Today's news mentions Thornley (they claim no decision has been made and Rads is the one who'll make it) and Hansen (a possible return) and the fact that Logan is probably on his way out. Waney seems to think we don't need another winger because there is no one available better than Lewis Tierney and rumours persist about Jack Hughes going to Wire. Some positive news please!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sorry, just realised the mistake I made on my last post. It's over two weeks (not one) since my first post. I'm clearly too distressed to use a calendar.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Isn't everyone joining Wire?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Manly have told 14 players that they're no loner wanted.
They're going to lose more players than us!
Oh well, at least they've got DCE :conf:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Any of them any good, prop and a center would be good
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

im very confused with all the other teams bringing in new players to boost the super 8's why we are not, we are obviously short of a goal kicker and another centre for this season.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.