Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Rocky

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I thought he went well tonight in what is an unnatural position for him. What stands out in his game to me is his desire to win. Having said that I don't expect him to make the team next week as he is not a Wane favourite. On tonight's performance many others should miss out before this lad.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Re: Rocky

Post by Kittwazzer »

I get the impression that his natural ability is being curbed. Couple of times tonight I thought a 'kick and collect' might have worked.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I think he should play next week too. He had a good game today and would benefit from more games at fullback whilst he's playing with confidence. Away to Hull will be a good test and he needs the games. We may suddenly need him in the final stages of the season and he must be match sharp. We know that Bowen has the experience to play well after a couple of weeks out so we should be preparing for the possibility that Rocky will have to play in a big game before the end of the season.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

CRIMINAL that such a talent has been ignored! Everything he excelled in tonight he was literally playing like a half back / stand off whilst the set up of the first try was that of a natural rugby player. He did not look physically weak either.

If Matty Smith does not deliver he should be dropped and no offence intended but Sam Powell aint fit to lick Rocky's boots.

If Matty comes back v Hull why not at the least have Rocky sitting on the bench to play in the halves.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Thank god someone seems to have the same opinion as me
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Rocky has made some errors in matches this season, but how much of that can be put down to playing in a position he's not normally used to.
With this lad I see massive talent in many aspects of the game including his eagerness to win.
Hampshire is lightning fast, off the mark and very quick at full speed, maybe only Budgie is faster as I would hazard a guess.
As others have said, it is criminal to ignore this talent and instead is it better not to just nurture it along the way knowing the odd mistake will happen.
CasWigan

Post by CasWigan »

Has anyone considered playing Rocky in the centres?
We've had injury problems in the centres this season but have used second rowers to cover.
I'm sure Rocky could do a great job at centre, there's less pressure than at FB, he has the pace and ball skills to do a job.
If there are doubts about the future of Iain Thornley and Sarge perhaps we may have a replacement if given a chance.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I agree Hampshire had a good game last night . Drop Williams and lets see what Rocky can do at no 6 , his best position .

I don t think this will work with SW has he has rose tinted glasses for Williams .
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

cpwigan wrote:CRIMINAL that such a talent has been ignored! Everything he excelled in tonight he was literally playing like a half back / stand off whilst the set up of the first try was that of a natural rugby player. He did not look physically weak either.

If Matty Smith does not deliver he should be dropped and no offence intended but Sam Powell aint fit to lick Rocky's boots.

If Matty comes back v Hull why not at the least have Rocky sitting on the bench to play in the halves.
Spot on CP. Couldn't have put it better myself. Rocky is a star in the making, if Wigan can't see that other clubs, like the stains and Leeds most certainly will.
bobby1979

Post by bobby1979 »

Give him ago at 6 put Williams on the bench then Williams can come on and replace micky job done