Jack Hughes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Jack Hughes

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Definitely signed for Warrington, turned down a deal with Huddersfield.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Re: Jack Hughes

Post by cpwigan »

Good luck to him. He is a quality player.
BriH

Post by BriH »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Definitely signed for Warrington, turned down a deal with Huddersfield.
Seriously? Does that mean we can keep our Hudds exchange player then?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BriH wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Definitely signed for Warrington, turned down a deal with Huddersfield.
Seriously? Does that mean we can keep our Hudds exchange player then?
Think it's been mentioned that Larne Patrick is heading back to Hudds Bri.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Good luck to him. He is a quality player.
What does that make Liam Farrell then?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

I agree. I worry about our recruitment and retention plans. Unless we have signings in the pipeline our squad, especially our forward cover is looking wafer thin next season. Where do we find a player of Jack's ability and potential for the money we were paying? If Bateman has to play centre then Connor Faz will have to step up on a regular basis.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
An even better player. In an ideal world we would have been able to keep both but such is life in a salary cap era that understandably players move on leaving the opportunity for a younger academy player to progress. For example, not first team material yet but Jack Wells is an excellent 2nd row prospect IMO.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
An even better player. In an ideal world we would have been able to keep both but such is life in a salary cap era that understandably players move on leaving the opportunity for a younger academy player to progress. For example, not first team material yet but Jack Wells is an excellent 2nd row prospect IMO.
Exactly, unfortunately not everyone can play!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: What does that make Liam Farrell then?
But we took Larne Patrick & he got games near enough every week! Was it that Jack Hughes wanted a starting position & not one off the bench?

I'm gutted he has gone :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote: An even better player. In an ideal world we would have been able to keep both but such is life in a salary cap era that understandably players move on leaving the opportunity for a younger academy player to progress. For example, not first team material yet but Jack Wells is an excellent 2nd row prospect IMO.
But we took Larne Patrick & he got games near enough every week! Was it that Jack Hughes wanted a starting position & not one off the bench?

I'm gutted he has gone :(
Jack lives and breathes Wigan. What I can't understand is why we didn't try and retain him. I can only assume that there is someone else in the pipeline or that we want to create cap space to promote our juniors. The latter is a risky strategy in my view as I am unsure if anyone can step up on a regular basis if we get injuries.