Betts to be replaced this week ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Betts to be replaced this week ??

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:) After looking through most of the daily's today, it seems the majority of opinion suggests Betts will go this week, Millward to be his replacement, YES.

Doris contacted urgently after loss yesterday, to seek urgent advice on way forward, I'll bet he's not happy, mind you most of this is his fault anyway !!!

:)
DaveO

Re: Betts to be replaced this ...

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:) After looking through most of the daily's today, it seems the majority of opinion suggests Betts will go this week, Millward to be his replacement, YES.

Doris contacted urgently after loss yesterday, to seek urgent advice on way forward, I'll bet he's not happy, mind you most of this is his fault anyway !!!

Mike Greg's illness Davicos injury and players retiring such as Lam are not his fault. Letting Farrell go was the biggest mistake as it didn't take a genious to work out a few "what if" scenarios and see we could end up well short of able players.

Pre-season I thought we would be OK with the squad we had if anything was wrong it was we were one prop short. I was optomistic never the less.

As I keep saying the squad isn't performing to its potential and Betts must cary the can for that. Yes the players must do better also but the fact we can't get the best out of Moran for example requires a new approach as we won't be getting a new scrum half any time soon.

Dave
mario

Post by mario »

we_need_a_coach posted:

Do you work in a paper shop? Or have you nothing better to do?
GeoffN

Re: Betts to be replaced t...

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

Pre-season I thought we would be OK with the squad we had if anything was wrong it was we were one prop short. I was optomistic never the less.
So did I, and so was I. I still am optimistic after yesterday...we're finally moving forward (in the way we played, not the result, though that could easily have gone our way)
As I keep saying the squad isn't performing to its potential and Betts must cary the can for that. Yes the players must do better also but the fact we can't get the best out of Moran for example requires a new approach as we won't be getting a new scrum half any time soon.

Dave
I'm still not convinced Betts should carry the can for the players underperforming...We've had lots of players in the past that have come to the club with big reputations, then failed to deliver, for whatever reason.
We need to be able to put out a reasonably settled side for a few games...we've never had 2 consecutive games with the same team yet.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mario posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

One thing i cannot stand is someone gloating when a person who has given most of his proffesional life to a club is looking like his is going to either go back to bing an assistant or lose his job altogehter.

Now i agree with you we need a head coach but can you stop gloating. How long will it be before you want the next guy changed. 1 or 2 games at the most.

After all Betts has being loyal to the club through most of his career. He deserves to stay as assistant. As it looks like Milward's backroom staff will stay at the Saints and if he comes in he will need help. Dennis is the man for that job.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

thegimble posted:
mario posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

One thing i cannot stand is someone gloating when a person who has given most of his proffesional life to a club is looking like his is going to either go back to bing an assistant or lose his job altogehter.

Now i agree with you we need a head coach but can you stop gloating. How long will it be before you want the next guy changed. 1 or 2 games at the most.

After all Betts has being loyal to the club through most of his career. He deserves to stay as assistant. As it looks like Milward's backroom staff will stay at the Saints and if he comes in he will need help. Dennis is the man for that job.
:angry:
No, sorry can't agree there, IMO Betts has lost the changing room, the players don't seem to have confidence in him, it's time to go. There is no sentiment in top class sport !!!!

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

we_need_a_coach posted:

Was it just wind WNAC?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

we_need_a_coach posted:

No, sorry can't agree there, IMO Betts has lost the changing room, the players don't seem to have confidence in him, it's time to go. There is no sentiment in top class sport !!!!

MY GOD didn't think betts was that bad how does he lose a changing room their pretty big :lol:
don't eat yellow snow
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

:angry: [/quote]
What gives you the impression that he has lost the changing room? Have you asked the players? There could be lots of other influences on our team! The big one being DW total lack of interest in the club !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:

What gives you the impression that he has lost the changing room? Have you asked the players? There could be lots of other influences on our team! The big one being DW total lack of interest in the club !
Must have seen him wandering around at half time asking people if they'd seen it
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!