Vs Saint

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Vs Saint

Post by Caboosegg »

so with the Match vs Saints on friday who do we think will keep and who will lose their place in the 17?

from Vs Hull i don't feel Burgess and Gelling are fully match fit, and Gelling was a liability at times on friday

Will Gildart play or will we move Bateman to Centre? Gildart has played well but maybe to inexperienced for a Derby match?

will MM do a full 80?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bill.inger

Re: Vs Saint

Post by bill.inger »

I keep reading on Redvee about Wigans 'spoiling' tactics at the Play the ball. What, exactly are they on about. An unbiased answer would be most helpful.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The only way to get Burgess and Gelling match fit is to play them in matches.

Saints banging on about " spoiling tactics at the ptb2 is for the refs benefit. They hope it will alert him to something Wigan do, which of course Saints never do.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

bill.inger wrote:I keep reading on Redvee about Wigans 'spoiling' tactics at the Play the ball. What, exactly are they on about. An unbiased answer would be most helpful.

Wouldn't even dream of going on that particular site - I wouldn't want to sully my mouse !! :D
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Nezza Faz wrote:
bill.inger wrote:I keep reading on Redvee about Wigans 'spoiling' tactics at the Play the ball. What, exactly are they on about. An unbiased answer would be most helpful.

Wouldn't even dream of going on that particular site - I wouldn't want to sully my mouse !! :D

:lol: nice one although isn't Billinge in St Helens?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Hey Jim, are you having a dig at me there. It's a right hot potato is this one as us bone fide Billingers are Wigan to the core BUT since we were invaded by yon lot, we're getting swamped with pseudo Scouse accents and stupid ideas about Rugby. They even pinched our STD phone prefix(0744) as it was then and claimed it as their own, then someone in 1973/4 drew a line through the village and gave that southern section to Merseyside. I could go on but I'd better not or Josie will kick it into 'Off Topic'.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

No Bill I wasn't having a dig you cleared up a miscon :)
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

Sorry Josie, but I simply have to add to Bill.Ingers comment. When I moved to Billinge in 1972 ( born n bred in Blackpool btw), Billinge was in Lancashire. Then all of it west of Newton Road went to the dark side, then the boundary moved again leaving only Higher End in Wigan. But there were only two families who supported the Stains-Lomax & Smiths @ Old Mos. St.Heleners were known as townies and the rest were scousers- I might as well have come from the moon. Anyway now I live in Bryn so my name is historic. Come on Wigan!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No problem Bill.inger & robbobillinge as far as I'm concerned Billinge is part of Wigan which in turn is in Lancashire :roll:

And doesn't Billinge, along with Haydock, have a Wigan postcode for most of their area :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Billinge does have a Wigan postcode Josie WN5,I spent a couple of years as a postman around there :D