feeling robbed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
tommoore

feeling robbed

Post by tommoore »

Anyone else feeling robbed from that grand final? Or is it just me? I swear that was a knock on and did anyone see the Ryan hall was a mile offside when they called the last try?
butt monkey

Re: feeling robbed

Post by butt monkey »

tommoore wrote:Anyone else feeling robbed from that grand final? Or is it just me? I swear that was a knock on and did anyone see the Ryan hall was a mile offside when they called the last try?

I too feel your anguish

These are fine line decisions BUT the side wasn't good enough to make any referee or video referees decisions negligible. It was always going to be Leeds' "hurrah" and that was the way it went as we didn't take the game to them well enough - despite having them really rocking at times
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

I no we was poor in the first half but my thinking is that the referee needs to take control of the game and not just blow his whistle when he feels like it, it's been the same for the last few years.
Kiwiseddon

Injustice

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Yes we made many mistakes and bombed several chances. The ref decisions should not be so important but the simple statistical truth is that Leeds won by 2 points and should never have been awarded 6 of them.
I don't know whether it's just my myopic cynicism but Wigan were never going to win that game. There was no way that the Rugby League were going to allow Sir bloody 40/20 and his Royal Highness JP to go off without a win. I honestly believe that the RFL have cheated Wigan out of a title tonight. On what planet wasn't that a knock on?!?!?
I feel cheated, robbed and completely f***ed off.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
medlocke

Re: Injustice

Post by medlocke »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Yes we made many mistakes and bombed several chances. The ref decisions should not be so important but the simple statistical truth is that Leeds won by 2 points and should never have been awarded 6 of them.
I don't know whether it's just my myopic cynicism but Wigan were never going to win that game. There was no way that the Rugby League were going to allow Sir bloody 40/20 and his Royal Highness JP to go off without a win. I honestly believe that the RFL have cheated Wigan out of a title tonight. On what planet wasn't that a knock on?!?!?
I feel cheated, robbed and completely f***ed off.
Said this when Leeds beat Saints in the semis, the whole seasons been a fix IMO, Sir King Kev steers the Rhinos to a treble winning season, Stephen King couldn't have wrote it any better
mario

Post by mario »

tommoore wrote:Anyone else feeling robbed from that grand final? Or is it just me? I swear that was a knock on and did anyone see the Ryan hall was a mile offside when they called the last try?
I thought Hall was offside at first, but having looked at it since I got home, he was okay.
Don't think there is any doubt about the knock on though and I also think that Briscoe knocked on in the previous set, yet Thaler wiped the tackle count instead
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Just watched the 'lowlights' again after reading reports on the BBC website and the Guardian. Both say the knock on was just that. Just like the 2 that St. Kev did at Leeds in the super 8s from which they scored. When is a knock on not a knock on - when it's Leeds.
Thaler said Joel gave a forward pass near the end, which was flat at worst.

Garbage by the RFL. Normally I'd say Thaler was OK, but however honourable and sporting one wishes to be, we were cheated, not so much by Leeds as by the system.
Stevethegas
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

With regards to the knock on I don't actually blame Thaler

He IMO made the right decision if he was unsure / unsighted when the actual play was made

however for the Video Ref to get it wrong (without seeing it back yet) is a disgrace

being at the far end of O/T the screen was not the clearest so I'm not going to rant on it like I did last night until I've seen it again, however it felt like a knock on in real time & at a distance on the screen
menpond

Post by menpond »

Yes robbed by Wane masquerading as atop coach/manager. How does he get away with it?
mp
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

I'm disagree mp.

Leeds actually did play well, and Wane's coaching isn't the issue. There's a separate thread on this latter, and all I'll say is that IMO calling for Wane's head is inappropriate and misguided.

No, the issue is that decisions seem to be favouring Leeds out of proportion. Wigan were robbed at Headingley in the play offs by 2 tries awarded after clear knocks-on by the beatified Kev. Ryan Hall's "try" which beat Saints to get to the GF was never grounded. And of course they scored from the most blatant knock on for their second try last night.

In all cases the issues were open to scrutiny by the video ref.
So talk about 'the rub of the green' is missing the point. Leeds have had umpteen decisions in their favour which I don't believe any one else would have accepted (including Stuart Cummings at OT).

It makes you wonder what's going on. This isn't sour grapes. I'm gutted we lost, and the match was hard and great. But it feels like we couldn't win it no matter what we did, and that sticks in the craw.
Stevethegas