Wigan Academy Kit Revealed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Academy Kit Revealed

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors, Erreà and Wigan fan Connor Davies-Aspey launch 2016 Wigan Warriors Academy shirt

Shirt designed by 13-year-old Connor who won competition with the Club

New kit to be worn by 2016 Wigan Warriors Academy teams

Wigan Warriors, Erreà and Wigan fan Connor Davies-Aspey have today launched the official 2016 Wigan Warriors Academy shirt, which will be worn by the Club’s Academy sides next season.

The shirt has been designed by 13-year old Connor who won a competition with the Club wanting to do something different with the Academy shirt in 2016 by allowing a fan to come up with the design. The Warriors and Erreà began the search for the design in early 2015 when they invited school children from across the region to enter a kit design competition.

A panel short-listed eight designs with each child then welcomed to club headquarters at Central Park to put forward their design in a Dragons Den style pitch.

After much deliberation, Connor’s design was chosen as the winner. As part of his prize, Connor and his parents also won a trip to Parma, Italy to see the first shirt being manufactured.

Connor, who revealed the kit this morning on Twitter, commented:

“I really can’t believe that the shirt that I designed will be worn by the Wigan Academy teams next season.

“Having supported Wigan all of my life it was an amazing feeling to win the competition, the trip to Italy was great too, I think my parents enjoyed it as much as me!”

Talking through his design, Connor said:

“When I think of Wigan I think of the emotions, passion, commitment, dedication and excitement. The one thing they have in common is they all make my heart beat and that’s how I came up with the heartbeat design.”

The new shirt will also help support the cardiac health of Rugby League players with a donation from each shirt made to the RFL.

The new Academy kit will be available to purchase from Warriors World and via the online store HERE from midday today. Adult replica shirts are now available in sizes from Small to 3XL, priced at £47. Junior shirts are available for 2YXS - XS at £35.

Details on the highly anticipated Warriors first team kits will be unveiled within the next few days.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2015- ... ZBCCChO.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Wigan Academy Kit Revealed

Post by medlocke »

:omg:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: :omg:
I think it's quite nice, will probably get it again for when I go to academy games ????????????????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Connors Story

13 year old Connor Davies-Aspey won a competition to designs the Warriors Academy shirt for 2016 and we followed him on his journey to Italy where he saw the kit being made.

For more information on the new 2016 Academy Shirt CLICK HERE.

First team kits will be launched soon.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2015- ... sjLPWhA.99
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Josie you must be Joking im not moaning for moaning sake but that kit is bloody awful. The training kit looks cheap and if the first team top is anything like that im sticking with last years.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tuigamala wrote:Josie you must be Joking im not moaning for moaning sake but that kit is bloody awful. The training kit looks cheap and if the first team top is anything like that im sticking with last years.
It's okay, everyone will have their own opinion on every topic ???? I bought the one last year & quite liked it as well as home & away kits. But I've just looked at the price again & it's really a bit much producing three kits a season at almost £50 each!!

Thought there was nothing wrong with last years &, if I'm honest, it has been the best design for years, plus I've got to the stage where I cant't understand why we need a new kit every year! If they kept a regular main shirt sponsor every other year should be enough IMO of course :)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
I think it's quite nice, will probably get it again for when I go to academy games ????????????????
It's shocking Josie :wink:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I can't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Seen a damn sight worse. Unless it's my age. :)
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
It's shocking Josie :wink:
Trouble is meds you have been spoilt with taking pictures of beautiful scenery to appreciate a bit of normal colour. :)
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

I never really understand why the Academy has to have a different kit, shouldnt we want all the playes representing Wigan regardless of level to wear the traditional cherry and white? Gives the impression that the first team squad and the academy are two separate entities when I think we want to show a united club.

At best part of £50 for the academy shirt and then another £50 for the first team one it does scream blatant money making