Ryan Sutton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Ryan Sutton

Post by cpwigan »

IMO, the youngster needs to be given as much opportunity as possible. I do not think we give him enough game time.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Ryan Sutton

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:IMO, the youngster needs to be given as much opportunity as possible. I do not think we give him enough game time.
I thought he went well tonight but like all our other forwards we need ball players around them.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He has something about him and we need to use him.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:He has something about him and we need to use him.
I think Bretherton could develop into a good prop too, both are only 20/21 so I hope they get more chances.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

He could do with getting in shape! There was one tackle where the camera showed his gut was trailing down to his knees!

For a 20 year old "professional athlete" that is disgusting.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What we do need is a big top class rugged Prop Forward like Sam Taiday or Adam Blair as shown in last nights game!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What we do need is a big top class rugged Prop Forward like Sam Taiday or Adam Blair as shown in last nights game!
And a scrum half,2 centres, a hooker to spell/ cover MM and an Australian coach.Other than that we are in fine shape
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

old hooker wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:What we do need is a big top class rugged Prop Forward like Sam Taiday or Adam Blair as shown in last nights game!
And a scrum half,2 centres, a hooker to spell/ cover MM and an Australian coach.Other than that we are in fine shape
That's basically what Wayne Bennett said is the difference, more higher quality players in the NRL teams, he goes on to say that the effort and coaching is good in teams like Wigan, but NRL have more higher class players in their teams.
Not sure I'm stuck on his coaching comment, but certainly the players. Brisbane half backs are both 21 years of age yet they looked way ahead of ours.
When did Wigan last have a half back that made the opposition quake when he took on the line. Both Brisbane halves had pace to go through the line with the skills to back it up.

Sorry I went off subject there, I think with game time we will see a decent prop in Ryan Sutton, and he wasn't phased on Saturday night.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Just watched the highlights from last night and he looks fat, so does Burke to be honest.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

nathan_rugby wrote:Just watched the highlights from last night and he looks fat, so does Burke to be honest.
Cast your mind back to last July. I said about Burke them that he didn't have the figure of a top grade rugby league player.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.