Give everyone time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
portite

Give everyone time

Post by portite »

I hope Milly gives everyone time to prove their worth to the team. Especially the younger team members. We need confidence in our ability and Milly can give us that, we need to get back to basics too. We need a new fitness trainer though, the team look shattered. We should rembember how poor Leeds used to be and look where they are now. Let's start believing in our team, beginning at Salford and I'm glad I've got my ticket for Saints!
Who needs P Sculthorpe when we have Lockers back next season? This is my first post and apologise for rambling on.
[/b]
Doveoverdave

Re: Give everyone time

Post by Doveoverdave »

portite posted:
I hope Milly gives everyone time to prove their worth to the team. Especially the younger team members. We need confidence in our ability and Milly can give us that, we need to get back to basics too. We need a new fitness trainer though, the team look shattered. We should rembember how poor Leeds used to be and look where they are now. Let's start believing in our team, beginning at Salford and I'm glad I've got my ticket for Saints!
Who needs P Sculthorpe when we have Lockers back next season? This is my first post and apologise for rambling on.
[/b]
Don't apologise keep posting!
I hope IM brings a swift turn around in the playing standards but time is the enemy now. He needs to things moving and quickly if we are to make the 6.

Leeds have NEVER been as bad as Wigan are a the moment.
portite

Post by portite »

Time may be against us. But when Mike Gregory took over, we went on an unbeaten run until the grand final and ended up with the best defence in SL. It can be done!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think we could make it to the play offs, as one less than excellent team is bound to do so. if anyone can coach us, motivate us and most importantly organise us, it is Basil.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Doveoverdave posted:
Really? How about 1992: Wigan 74, Leeds 6 - Martin Offiah 10 tries! I think there is a good argument to say that Leeds were pretty bad then.

Some people have no persepective. :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Really? How about 1992: Wigan 74, Leeds 6 - Martin Offiah 10 tries! I think there is a good argument to say that Leeds were pretty bad then.

Beat me to it, Mike! What a great game that was. We even stopped singing "sheep" after a while, and started feeling sorry for them! Sympathetic, patronising applause for their try, when it came...and everybody looking for Offiah when already over the tryline themselves! The Edwards/Offiah "nodding" after each one! Oh yes!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Mike posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

That Leeds team wasn't scrammbling in the lower half of the division! That Wigan tam was capable of of pasting most with 50 points.

Some people are so selective!
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Doveoverdave posted:
Mike posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

That Leeds team wasn't scrammbling in the lower half of the division! That Wigan tam was capable of of pasting most with 50 points.

Some people are so selective!
In 1996 halfway through the first super league season, Leeds were 11th. They finished 6th or 7th I think.
Wigan 'til I die.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Do you go to Winstanley College, Tom? Cos if you do, I know you. You had a Wigan top on today lol. I'm not stalking you btw but you were in the same exam as me. :D
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I go to that lovely place :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3