Joel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Joel

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Back this weekend.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Re: Joel

Post by medlocke »

shall look forward to the extra penalties he will no doubt bring with him
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

For Good Friday or Easter Monday?

I don't like rushing players back, but we cannot afford to have 3 men on the bench again.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Risky as I presume he could not manage any great length if somebody got injured early in the game. Once fit unless Lockers stays at 6, IMO he starts as a reserve behind Lockers, Farrell and Bateman.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cpwigan wrote:Risky as I presume he could not manage any great length if somebody got injured early in the game. Once fit unless Lockers stays at 6, IMO he starts as a reserve behind Lockers, Farrell and Bateman.
Agreed,

But don't forget, he hasn't had a full pre season again so will not be expected to play well this year.

Same excuse, different year, different players.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Risky as I presume he could not manage any great length if somebody got injured early in the game. Once fit unless Lockers stays at 6, IMO he starts as a reserve behind Lockers, Farrell and Bateman.
Agreed,

But don't forget, he hasn't had a full pre season again so will not be expected to play well this year.

He did and he was one of the stand-out performers. Having said that it is up to him to force his way into the team and the way the other three are playing that will be very difficult.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote:
Agreed,

He did and he was one of the stand-out performers. Having said that it is up to him to force his way into the team and the way the other three are playing that will be very difficult.
Just read an article on Wigan today which does state he has had a full pre season for the first time in years, so I stand corrected.

I do wonder how a full pre-season and then missing 6-8 weeks will impact things? Surely so much time away from rugby and away from fitness training after pre-season will pretty much ruin all of the hard work.

Dread to think what excuses Crosby gets for missing a full pre season and two months.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

nathan_rugby wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
nathan_rugby wrote: Agreed,

Just read an article on Wigan today which does state he has had a full pre season for the first time in years, so I stand corrected.

I do wonder how a full pre-season and then missing 6-8 weeks will impact things? Surely so much time away from rugby and away from fitness training after pre-season will pretty much ruin all of the hard work.

Dread to think what excuses Crosby gets for missing a full pre season and two months.
So what's your solution? When do they get to play?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

So what's your solution? When do they get to play? **
I am confused by what your reply is entailing?

I am just saying Wane seems to always blame a poor pre-season for players not performing throughout the whole season.

**Fixed your quote - Josie :)
RJ

Post by RJ »

Couldn't we have put him on loan to Widnes for a while to even things up?