Injuries...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chris1234

Injuries...

Post by chris1234 »

Injuries status starting to look worse....

Heard this morning Dom Manfredi has one ligament come clean off the bone and the other is torn, hes at risk of the other tearing if he plays on with it. Wigan want him to play on Sunday with injections.

Williams heard his injury is worse than they thought, apparently he isn't really responding to treatment and may need an op.... ending his season. This is the first ive heard about Williams, but im not 100% sure on this one.

The Manfredi one is 100% spot on right, the source is bob on.

Apparently club doctor is having all the injured players in tonight to see them all, no training for them all today at all...
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
josie andrews

Wigan TV - Busted Players

Post by josie andrews »

Injuries & a virus hit Wigan squad

After a planned four day break, several players were sent home from training with a virus running thru the squad.
Just last Friday night the Warriors boss spoke of his hopes that their injury woes were easing – but that prediction now looks to have been premature.

Wane was told yesterday none of those currently sidelined are expected to be back in the reckoning in time for Sunday’s game at resurgent Wakefield.
http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7833145
No signs of George Williams coming back & added to the list of injuries is Sean O'Loughlin with a minor hamstring injury

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Re: Injuries...

Post by AdamMac »

Williams got injected earlier in the season so he could play, which is ludicrous.

If its taken 6 weeks for them to decide if he NOW needs an op then that's shocking from the club.

Patience wearing thin.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Another shooting in the foot!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

AdamMac wrote:Williams got injected earlier in the season so he could play, which is ludicrous.

If its taken 6 weeks for them to decide if he NOW needs an op then that's shocking from the club.

Patience wearing thin.
The RUMOUR is that IF he needs an operation it COULD BE season ending so the obvious thing to do was to wait and see IF he responded to treatment as he would have been out for the season anyway IF he had the op. It will be the clubs medical staff and Williams who will make the decision.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

AdamMac wrote:Williams got injected earlier in the season so he could play, which is ludicrous.

Patience wearing thin.

So nothing changes, with all the advances in training and medical back-up, they're still ramming players full of cortisone. Henderson Gill and Joe Lydon were examples of this, a needle before the kick off, another at half time and now they're paying the price of success.....crippled.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Rumour has it if Hanley had a Cortisone Injection Gregory always wanted one not to be outdone! :wink:
Must have thought it was a car!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Yeh rumour has it Waney's trying to draft OJ Simpson in for the Wakey game. He said in his press statement he's a rough sort and I like the way he plays. Apparently he's a glove in to start on Sunday. :eusa11: :eusa18: :eusa11:
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Re Williams back injury.

Before retiring, one of my anaesthetic specialities was back pain and injury. Not sure how I managed to find myself treating this very difficult area, but it's what I did.

The biggest problem is that if you scan the next hundred people to walk past the door, you'll find lots with apparent injury who have no pain, and lots with pain and no apparent pathology. It is very very difficult both to diagnose and to treat.

So please don't be too harsh on the medical care Williams has had. I've used injections of various kinds, local anaesthetic shots, epidural injections of anti-inflammatory mixtures etc. They all work some of the time, and they all fail some of the time.

As to surgery, well, there is no single back operation - there are as many different ones as there are different causes for problems. We are all in the dark as to what's needed, so the sensible thing is to wait and see. If an operation is required then it is so dependent on what's needed and without that knowledge we will none of us know how long recovery is.

That said, I'm really sorry for the lad. He was looking the real deal and the half back combination was firing far better with him and Smith than any combination we've had since.
Let's hope this isn't too serious.
Stevethegas
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Thanks for that information Steve,nice to hear from the man that knows,getting rid of the conjecture.
Without being too morbide Steve could this be a season -long prob?