Re: Simms Brothers giving it to us.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Simms did a job on us on Thursday and we let him which is more worrying! I just hope that the players in the stand were hurting as much as I was watching him destroy our young kids. He never seems to be as bullish against us with our big boys out there.

Side note, Clark was very much like Simms on Thursday as well, something he would not have done if a certain MM was on the pitch, but yet Powell has stepped in well and we won't miss MM that much!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

MM, Joel, Lockers and Flower, arguably Crosby give us much more biff up front and Sam will give us much more guile and game management in my opinion, whether it will be enough, time will tell!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The other brother(Tariq Simms)is no angel either.They only seem to target players who are not up for a fight.
Notice how he backed down from Justin Carney the other week.Carney was proper up for it and(for me) this gives his team mates confidence.
Ashton really got my goat , milking the Tautai tackle which led to their try.Clearly a chest high tackle.

Maybe it's time we had more biff in our team( controlled of course)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Firestarter wrote:The other brother(Tariq Simms)is no angel either.They only seem to target players who are not up for a fight.
Notice how he backed down from Justin Carney the other week.Carney was proper up for it and(for me) this gives his team mates confidence.
Ashton really got my goat , milking the Tautai tackle which led to their try.Clearly a chest high tackle.

Maybe it's time we had more biff in our team( controlled of course)
The true hard men of RL are not s***houses and Simms is clearly one!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

All three are.....So is Bailey and Westwood
Hock was always highlighted, but he always took on the big guys( unlike the above)
I'm gonna watch the roosters game now
TrueBlueWarrior

Peacock and MM for me are true hard men and Bateman isn't far behind!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Peacock and MM for me are true hard men and Bateman isn't far behind!!
Hard men stand up when going gets tough. Easy to be tough when your wining. The names you mention never hid. True tough guys.

Wire lose Simms will do a Bailey.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Peacock and MM for me are true hard men and Bateman isn't far behind!!
Hard men stand up when going gets tough. Easy to be tough when your wining. The names you mention never hid. True tough guys.

Wire lose Simms will do a Bailey.
Bang on!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

Ashton seems to be just a thug but they like that at Wire suits 'em down to the ground - and they have the cheek to call us the thugs!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 435b894f90
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea they have had a few.
Boyd,Cullen and bishop come to mind.
Can't argue with Bateman,peacock and mm being real hard men.
I also think flower and Currie could be worth a mention among others