Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Gelling

Post by doc »

Does anyone know why he didn't play tonight as we badly lacked the metres he makes in attack. Maybe his critics wi
all now realise how vital he is to the year.
jasonnlouise

Re: Gelling

Post by jasonnlouise »

Was wondering the same myself, our best and most productive centre left out,it makes no sense especially with having Sam on the bench he can play in the forwards as cover.Putting Bateman out of his favoured position is just bad coaching.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Gelling at Dewsbury last week the doctor came on 3 times with an inhaler as he was short of breath don't know if this is the reason though.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I thought he was injured!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

doc wrote:Does anyone know why he didn't play tonight as we badly lacked the metres he makes in attack. Maybe his critics wi
One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.
We lost the game first half when our forwards got battered, I'd love to know what really went on with Scott Taylor, he's head and shoulders above out we've got this year.
Leeds next week and by the law of averages they're due a win.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
doc wrote:Does anyone know why he didn't play tonight as we badly lacked the metres he makes in attack. Maybe his critics wi
One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.
We lost the game first half when our forwards got battered, I'd love to know what really went on with Scott Taylor, he's head and shoulders above out we've got this year.
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Taylor was class early on for us and look like the cat who got the cream when he won the CC for us v Hull of all teams.

Yet things must have been so bad here we sent him on loan for his final year of his contract. It's nad player management and I am not surprised he looks a better player in a different team.

It used to bne players who left Wigan never looked that good. Now they look better than they did here (he isn't the only one is he!).

As to Gelling, he'd have tried to win that single handed and would just as likely of made a pigs ear out of it. You can't rely on players like him to turn around a team playing like that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Taylor was class early on for us and look like the cat who got the cream when he won the CC for us v Hull of all teams.

Yet things must have been so bad here we sent him on loan for his final year of his contract. It's nad player management and I am not surprised he looks a better player in a different team.

It used to bne players who left Wigan never looked that good. Now they look better than they did here (he isn't the only one is he!).

As to Gelling, he'd have tried to win that single handed and would just as likely of made a pigs ear out of it. You can't rely on players like him to turn around a team playing like that.
Taylor was always gonna go to Hull FC, him & all his family are massive FC supporters.

He became unsettled when FC became interested in him after the CC & his missus claimed homesickness!! He then went on to spit his dummy out & that was the start of him not wanting to play for us anymore. If they don't want to play or to be here get rid IMO :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.
Wandering Warrior wrote: One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.

Taylor was always gonna go to Hull FC, him & all his family are massive FC supporters.

He became unsettled when FC became interested in him after the CC & his missus claimed homesickness!! He then went on to spit his dummy out & that was the start of him not wanting to play for us anymore. If they don't want to play or to be here get rid IMO :angry:
Other players manage to play for us when they are leaving the next year when their contract is up. There are two sides to every story and his homesickness got him as far as Salford on his way back to Hull.

I don't think Wane knows how to handle players who don't fit in with his views. He'd have probably got rid of Hanley were he playing now as he wouldn't put up with the (pardon my french) shit tactics Wane coaches and would say so.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Whereas we can of course rely on your crystal ball to tell us how someone would have fared had he played!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
He was indeed but it's hardly our fault that his testicles are kept locked up in his girlfriend's handbag!