Start Your Engines

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southern warrrior

Start Your Engines

Post by southern warrrior »

well its tonights the night origin 1 cant wait its been building up for weeks here qld are favorites to win at home but some people think the blues forwards are a bit smaller than the maroons and will run them all over the park but i think qld has a great side. although rumors of a late injury to lockys right arm have been going around and that casey maguire run at 6. still just about 45 mins to go now beer in fridge bean bag been rucked up for comfort and we're ready to go!! :eusa3:
Ron

Re: Start Your Engines

Post by Ron »

Thanks for reminder - just switched on but missed first half!
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

Ron posted:
Thanks for reminder - just switched on but missed first half!
Me too. If the first half was as good as the second I'm sorry I missed it. The commentators said it rated as one of the best games ever. I wont disagree with that.
southern warrrior

well its over and a great game it was too with the better side winning but i would say that living in queensland. its this kind of game thats gives the aussies the edge over us brits they put there heart and soul into 80 mins just to win a game and ultimatly a series but no other reward. this is why they can win games in the last minute and we cant because we dont know how to on this kind of pressure scale. these players live to play these games games i hear them say playing for your country is great but state of origin is it. they said over 25 years of games and i forget how many hours it is that there is only 3 points between them in all of the scores and the series is tied on 11 wins each and 2 draws. that is incredible that over that amount of time that there is only 3 points between them.untill we learn to play like they did tonight we will never win anything major against them.. :conf:
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

southern warrrior posted:
well its over and a great game it was too with the better side winning but i would say that living in queensland. its this kind of game thats gives the aussies the edge over us brits they put there heart and soul into 80 mins just to win a game and ultimatly a series but no other reward. this is why they can win games in the last minute and we cant because we dont know how to on this kind of pressure scale. these players live to play these games games i hear them say playing for your country is great but state of origin is it. they said over 25 years of games and i forget how many hours it is that there is only 3 points between them in all of the scores and the series is tied on 11 wins each and 2 draws. that is incredible that over that amount of time that there is only 3 points between them.untill we learn to play like they did tonight we will never win anything major against them.. :conf:
I have to agree with you.
Their commitment and speed is awesome. We are a still a long way behind the Aussies I'm afraid. :(
By the way Southern Warrior if you are a Queensland fan you must have biting your nails towards the end. I wouldn't mind betting a couple of extra tinnies were downed.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

That was the best game I've seen for some time.
Wigan 'til I die.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I have to say i dont usually watch aussie games, only on occasions but that was one hell of a good game. Obviously wigan v saints is miles better, but it was good enough to keep me going until monday!
I wanted new south wales to win though :(
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
southern warrrior

mrs_carney posted:
I have to say i dont usually watch aussie games, only on occasions but that was one hell of a good game. Obviously wigan v saints is miles better, but it was good enough to keep me going until monday!
I wanted new south wales to win though :(
[
damn mexicans(blues)
got no nails left what a try to clinch it eh!!!! i know now i can take the p**s out my boss on monday as he's from nsw.was going to go the game but it sold out too quickly.
[/quote]
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Thought their fight back was amazing and then kimmorley brought back terrible memories for me (wigan v warrington-moran) with that interception try, was some pretty good tries in that game all round, minechello (sp) was outstanding at full back never realised how good he really is, fantastic stuff!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3