Hicks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Hicks

Post by Kiwiseddon »

An average Wigan display felt 100% worse with that clown at the helm. Awful ref display. I can't even begin to list the things wrong with his performance. Head tackles (or not) and control around the ruck would be a start. The penalty against Charnley for an incorrect PTB was laughable.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Hicks

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am losing the will to live with officials!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

If I never see Child or Hicks referee a match again, it will be too soon. I'm not saying either are biased, just incompetant
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

That's how it looked at the game tonight!

Tautai got a high shot right near the end I think, it was at the other end. When we saw him after the game he's lost a front tooth & had to have his mouth stitched!

Ryan Sutton nearly had his head took off but nothing was done 'play on' shouted Hicks.

Ryan Hall knocked on in a tackle, & knew he'd knocked on. He moreorless gave himself up but Hicks & touch judges just ignored it, Hall just laughed when the ref awarded a penalty!

They were slowing our play the ball down all the time, lying on & messing about, there some shocking offsides too from Leeds.

Showed how bad the officials were when our last try was a forward pass & he awarded it!!

Not watched back cos only got home at 1pm, all the bloody motorways were shut down. M60, M61 & the turn off for the East Lancs!

Going we set off at 4, we were sat for 30 minutes on the slip road waiting to get on to the M60 ????
Got there at 18.45! Followed the team bus thru Leeds, they set off at 2 but stopped off at services, they said. It was also raining hard from leaving Wigan & even had thick fog going over the moors. As soon as we got to Leeds it was clear!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Kiwiseddon wrote:An average Wigan display felt 100% worse with that clown at the helm. Awful ref display. I can't even begin to list the things wrong with his performance. Head tackles (or not) and control around the ruck would be a start. The penalty against Charnley for an incorrect PTB was laughable.
Hi Kiwi. Got to disagree with you about the penalty against Charnley. I think that was where the match was lost since after two storming breaks from Tierney and Charnley the Leeds defence was all over the field and we should have had a try after the PTB but Charnley made a complete farce of trying to get up and play the ball as he desperately looked for a penalty and if he had simply concentrated on getting up fast and playing the ball fast we would have scored and Leeds would have collapsed sooner. I do repeat my grumble that Hicks is not fit to be even a linesman though.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote:That's how it looked at the game tonight!

Tautai got a high shot right near the end I think, it was at the other end. When we saw him after the game he's lost a front tooth & had to have his mouth stitched!

Ryan Sutton nearly had his head took off but nothing was done 'play on' shouted Hicks.

Ryan Hall knocked on in a tackle, & knew he'd knocked on. He moreorless gave himself up but Hicks & touch judges just ignored it, Hall just laughed when the ref awarded a penalty!

They were slowing our play the ball down all the time, lying on & messing about, there some shocking offsides too from Leeds.

Showed how bad the officials were when our last try was a forward pass & he awarded it!!

Not watched back cos only got home at 1pm, all the bloody motorways were shut down. M60, M61 & the turn off for the East Lancs!

Going we set off at 4, we were sat for 30 minutes on the slip road waiting to get on to the M60 ????
Got there at 18.45! Followed the team bus thru Leeds, they set off at 2 but stopped off at services, they said. It was also raining hard from leaving Wigan & even had thick fog going over the moors. As soon as we got to Leeds it was clear!
Welcome to the reason we want matches on a Sunday afternoon Josie. The drive over past both Leeds and Manchester at rush hour is always a nightmare. If we leave at 5 we get to the DW at anytime between 7 and 8-30!
I am more concerned with the fact that you followed the team into Headingly. They must have been very near to being fined for not getting to the ground soon enough, presumably they weren't drinking heavily before the match so why the stop at Hartshead Moor? Get to the ground sooner and stretch the legs there.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote:
josie andrews wrote:That's how it looked at the game tonight!

Welcome to the reason we want matches on a Sunday afternoon Josie. The drive over past both Leeds and Manchester at rush hour is always a nightmare. If we leave at 5 we get to the DW at anytime between 7 and 8-30!
I am more concerned with the fact that you followed the team into Headingly. They must have been very near to being fined for not getting to the ground soon enough, presumably they weren't drinking heavily before the match so why the stop at Hartshead Moor? Get to the ground sooner and stretch the legs there.
It was the traffic Ian, think everybody in Leeds & district plus Wigan fans were trying to get Headingley & surrounding areas last night & the traffic was a nightmare from start to finish.

People left at a similar time to the team & only got there just before us too.
The speed restrictions on the motorways, plus the bad weather, heavy rain & fog, didn't help either.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Got there at 7:45

Not a cloud in the sky and not a traffic jam in sight

It was 7:45am though lol

Regards , EW

2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Got there at 7:45

Not a cloud in the sky and not a traffic jam in sight

It was 7:45am though lol

Regards , EW
:lol: :lol:
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

It's the same this morning.

Leeds can be quite a nice place when there's no people in blue and yellow about lol .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked