Tautai & Charnley charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Tautai & Charnley charged

Post by AdamMac »

TT - Grade B - Cannonball tackle

Charnley - Grade C - deliberate contact with the official

I expect both to be banned. Hopefully we can have them free for the cup, but after the Lockers circus I think they'll both get 2 games.

AndyNick

Re: Tautai & Charnley charged

Post by AndyNick »

I said in the Hicks thread that these would be the only 2 charges from this game. Leeds cheap shot us all night and not a single case to answer.

As bad as Hicks was, what Josh did has no place in the game and he will rightfully get a ban for it. Rush of blood and out of character but sheer stupidity. Not surprised to see Tautai charged either. Of course Uncle Gary's blue eyed boys get off scot free though.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charnley touched a official simple as,

however, the ineptitude of the RLF is shown here, Leeds were far from clean, and the fact know one has been pulled for the multiple fouls is a joke,

the playback of the elbow into Mossops head shows both intent and aggression yet this isnt brought up at all?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charnley's Grade C 'touching' of an official was minimal! He has no EGP

Harsher grading than Tautai's Grade B for Dangerous Contact! He also has no EGP

The Disciplinary definitely needs a radical overhaul! IMO :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Charnley's was daft and hardly any contact but there has to be lines you don't cross and touching an official has to be one of them.

Tautai's was reckless. Whilst 2-3 matches are games we need him it's easier for me to swallow as a fan of the game (and of TT who's been in great form) than if he'd ended the Leeds lad's season or career.

It's the consistency of the disciplinary that is the major problem. I don't go with the theorists that the panels have favourite teams or bias, but the fact that every punishment that's they hand down is made as if no other comparative punishment has ever been imposed before is madness. If they were crown court judges they would find themselves being appealed every week.
markill

Post by markill »

Tautai got a charge in the playoffs last year didn't he? Was it for this type of tackle or was if for a dangerous lift? (For some reason the search function on RFL website doesn't include Super 8s games!

If it's the latter he may get off with a 1 match ban as no previous charge for this type of offence. That means he'd be available for the semi-final.

In Josh's case he'll probably get a 2 game ban. The last Grade C touching ref charge was Currie last year. He sort of shoved the ref in the back but it was a minor nudge. He had EGP available though. Earlier this year Allgood was charged Grade B after Magic - also had EGP. I Think Josh's contact was a little more forceful than Allgood's and he was remonstrating a bit more vociferously, so I can see why it's the higher charge for Josh. He'll miss the semi I'm guessing.

On reforming the disciplinary process, I wrote this recently: http://superleaguepod.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... n-rfl.html
On my basis, Josh would probably only get 1 game, but Tautai wold probably get 2 games, maybe 3. Lockers probably would've got 2 too as it happens. But it's a different idea for a different system obviously.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

There's a lot of 'touching' referees goes on in every game.

Saints players do it on a regular basis, so do Warrington & Leeds. It was even done by Gale & Dorn in the Castleford v Wigan match at their place but nothing has even been mentioned about these incidents! :angry:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:Tautai got a charge in the playoffs last year didn't he? Was it for this type of tackle or was if for a dangerous lift? (For some reason the search function on RFL website doesn't include Super 8s games!

If it's the latter he may get off with a 1 match ban as no previous charge for this type of offence. That means he'd be available for the semi-final.

In Josh's case he'll probably get a 2 game ban. The last Grade C touching ref charge was Currie last year. He sort of shoved the ref in the back but it was a minor nudge. He had EGP available though. Earlier this year Allgood was charged Grade B after Magic - also had EGP. I Think Josh's contact was a little more forceful than Allgood's and he was remonstrating a bit more vociferously, so I can see why it's the higher charge for Josh. He'll miss the semi I'm guessing.

On reforming the disciplinary process, I wrote this recently: http://superleaguepod.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... n-rfl.html
On my basis, Josh would probably only get 1 game, but Tautai wold probably get 2 games, maybe 3. Lockers probably would've got 2 too as it happens. But it's a different idea for a different system obviously.
I saw this Mark, & I agreed with your comments.

But it also depends who is on the disciplinary panel as to what they charge. They all see things in a different ways.

Much the same as the referees when you think about! Each ref has his own little foible that annoys him more than others so he will always pull a player up on that!

Much like me really with car indicators! :wink: I've said when I change my car, I want one of the new ones that don't have indicators on them! :sly:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Josh has been charged with deliberately making contact with the referee. If that's gone in the ref's report then I would ask if it was that bad why wasn't Josh sent off?
Plenty refs would have sent him off if they thought there was anything in it.

Josh banned, Tierney in on the wing with Sam at FB.
TT banned, Sutton to front row, Bateman in the back row.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think Charnley was within his rights to complain that Briscoe deliberately changed direction to obstruct him. Ref got that completely wrong.

As for grabbing Hicks arm, he shouldn't have done it but maybe the disciplinary will give him some leeway as all decisions, either by refs or players aren't always black and white.

Don't think there's too much in Tauti's citation either.