Wigan youngsters first tour game, how they got on.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Eclipse

Wigan youngsters first tour game, how they got on.

Post by The Eclipse »

Jack Wells - tower of strength in both attack & defence, man of the match.
Caine Barnes - lasted one hit up and came off injured with a jaw injury which could be serious, going for X-Ray.
Callum Field - Surprise packet for me, played his way into test squad for next week.
Craig Mullen - Played second half on the wing and didn't get many opportunities.
Josh Ganson - With 3 hookers on tour, i'd say 2 will get chosen next week. He is solid but not as quick as the other two.
Lewis Heckford - Played fullback and looked better there than he does at no.7 for Wigan.
Liam Paisley - Was very strong taking the ball forward, good size for a centre but not that quick.
cpwigan

Re: Wigan youngsters first tour game, how they got on.

Post by cpwigan »

Anybody stand out from other clubs?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

What was the score?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

No straw damn us wrote:What was the score?
Eng won 28-22 but I can't read much into it, they definitely needed the hitout as they were a bit scrappy but they will learn from that, having said that they will have to step up about 10 levels next week just to compete with the Aussie team who all play Holden cup.

It looked like they picked up several injuries with several players limping and plenty were heavily strapped.

Some awful news to that the Wakefield centre Judah Mazive had to fly home because his father died yesterday.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:Anybody stand out from other clubs?
Yes mate, I really like James Batchelor the second rower from Wakey and I thought Joe Wardill was pretty solid in the centres.

My hookers would be Walker from Widnes and Litten from Hull FC.

I think they will struggle to hold the size of the Aussie forward pack and Nick Cotric the fullback/centre is the next superstar of Australian Rugby League.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The Eclipse wrote:Jack Wells - tower of strength in both attack & defence, man of the match.
Caine Barnes - lasted one hit up and came off injured with a jaw injury which could be serious, going for X-Ray.
Callum Field - Surprise packet for me, played his way into test squad for next week.
Craig Mullen - Played second half on the wing and didn't get many opportunities.
Josh Ganson - With 3 hookers on tour, i'd say 2 will get chosen next week. He is solid but not as quick as the other two.
Lewis Heckford - Played fullback and looked better there than he does at no.7 for Wigan.
Liam Paisley - Was very strong taking the ball forward, good size for a centre but not that quick.
Any news on young Cain Barnes Eclipse?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
The Eclipse wrote:Jack Wells - tower of strength in both attack & defence, man of the match.
He has had internal stitches to reattach his lip and has been told no contact for 10 days which rules him out of the first test.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The Eclipse wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
He has had internal stitches to reattach his lip and has been told no contact for 10 days which rules him out of the first test.
Thanks for that eclipse, no broken bones then, is something positive for the lad.
I played in the centres at Seaton with Caine's uncle Ian, many moons ago, so know the family quite well,
I was also speaking to Connor Fitzsimmons mum on Sunday,I know his uncle Ian very well too.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

http://www.asiapacificrl.com/livestream/
First test live stream - just wait for kick off :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Did anyone watch the live stream of the game ?
Australia won 50-26

Again Jack Wells was the standout and again Caine Barnes came off injured after a head knock which definitely ends his tour.

Callum Field I feel was unlucky not to make the 17 so he will surely get a spot next week.
Josh Ganson was solid and controlled things before he was spelled.
Lewis Heckford had some good moments and it was interesting that even when England lost their halfback, he stayed at fullback.
Liam Paisley, a little bit quiet and needs to get more involved next week.