Re: Recruitment for 2017

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The worst bit is this from that link:

“They’re three big players that will add a lot to our team, so we don’t feel the need to do anything else at this stage. We’ve got a squad that’s working and a system that is working.

Could have fooled me!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Tbh I can see another 3 of our players going, FPN hasn't joined to be a sub with Clubb, Tautai, Crosby & Sutton competing for the other position. Personally I'd like to see Clubb & FPN starting, Bateman at LF and Faz & Joel/Sutton 2nd row, for me this would be ideal. No more getting bullied, they said after the WCC loss we needed more size in our team and with them we have it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:Tbh I can see another 3 of our players going, FPN hasn't joined to be a sub with Clubb, Tautai, Crosby & Sutton competing for the other position. Personally I'd like to see Clubb & FPN starting, Bateman at LF and Faz & Joel/Sutton 2nd row, for me this would be ideal. No more getting bullied, they said after the WCC loss we needed more size in our team and with them we have it.
Yes but the Aussies have size and skill and they encouraged to use it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

IFL has also said that he doesn't see any more players leaving or arriving for 2017.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

One prop must be going, whether it's Mossop too Salford, Crosby to NRL or maybe Bretherton out on loan, we don't have places for them all you wouldn't think.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Another dog turd season then, only system that seams to be working is the jobs for the boys system :conf:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

markill wrote:One prop must be going, whether it's Mossop too Salford, Crosby to NRL or maybe Bretherton out on loan, we don't have places for them all you wouldn't think.
Just a guess Mossop to Salford as you said, Crosby staying for one more season, Bretherton on loan to Hudds/Cas and Ben out too. As I said earlier FPN hasn't come to be a sub and Ben's resigning I always thought was to guarantee a fee. Clubb & Tautai also are knocking on the door for a starting spot too

Just my prediction for next season so all you Ben lovers calm down ;)
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

What are they playing at. Another bad season ahead but what's worse than that is the lack of entertainment yet again. We need exiting.

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Recruitment may be concluded but what about any leaving or going on loan?
All those mentioned may be off somewhere else end of season or next year. What about Hampshire?
Will he leave, stay out on loan or return to the club?

What specific changes are to be made so we improve next year over this?
Recruitment may be over, that isn't half the story though!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Recruitment may be concluded but what about any leaving or going on loan?
All those mentioned may be off somewhere else end of season or next year. What about Hampshire?
Will he leave, stay out on loan or return to the club?

What specific changes are to be made so we improve next year over this?
Recruitment may be over, that isn't half the story though!
Rocky isn't returning the club always refused to take him back early from Cas and Rads has said that they really don't know what will be happening with him.

You can have all the skill in the world but if the attitude isn't right you'll eventually fall