Treat Saints as just another game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Treat Saints as just another game

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I know this won't happen, but we would be much better off on Friday ignoring the name of the team we are playing, and focusing on the players. The script over and over again has been that we consider this a massive game, get pumped up, they wind us up, we lose our discipline, get dragged down to their level and find ourselves beaten again.

I would like to see Wane win what is likely to be his final derby, as I think he deserves it, but his approach continues to play into their hands, and I suspect it will sum up his tenure as head coach - develop great players, and then fail to get the most out of them.
DaveO

Re: Treat Saints as just another game

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I know this won't happen, but we would be much better off on Friday ignoring the name of the team we are playing, and focusing on the players. The script over and over again has been that we consider this a massive game, get pumped up, they wind us up, we lose our discipline, get dragged down to their level and find ourselves beaten again.
That is a fair summary of what happened at the DW last time.

It was obvious we wanted to smash 'em and it played into their hands.

Not convinced Wane has the tactical nouse to come up with another idea of how to beat Saints.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It is our Grand Final
markill

Post by markill »

he gets it right on Good Friday every year, because he's never lost one of those. Whatever he's doing then that he isn't doing in the back end of the season needs to be figured out.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

have i missed a announcement exiled?

likely Wanes last Derby?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Every game is just another game. 2 points against Saints = same against any side we beat.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

If only.

McCarthy-Scarsbrook will wind up Crosby and 'Big Frank' and they will react. Don't know why Crosby, who is good enough not to get sucked in, always gets involved. Worse, it leaves holes in the defence.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Southern Softy wrote:If only.

McCarthy-Scarsbrook will wind up Crosby and 'Big Frank' and they will react. Don't know why Crosby, who is good enough not to get sucked in, always gets involved. Worse, it leaves holes in the defence.
He was at it again in the Catalan game last Friday.

A brawl started and he was in like a rocket to fight.

When are the officials going to do something about the idiot?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:If only.

He was at it again in the Catalan game last Friday.

A brawl started and he was in like a rocket to fight.

When are the officials going to do something about the idiot?
But he doesn't fight, he just acts as though he can!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I posted this elsewhere but works in this thread also

In a lot of ways Wigan fans have allowed LMS to become the "pantomime villain". Boo hiss, dislike how he antagonizes the players and fans alike but by god he succeeds on both scores up to the point the result and the way we play becomes irrelevant

Ignore the fairy and concentrate on playing well. That would "hurt" the likes of him more than anything
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!