Wigan v Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Wigan v Saints

Post by DaveO »

Good luck to the team and I hope we get the points.

I am off on holiday early tomorrow so will miss the game and the next two after that.

Despite the fact a good win would take the pressure off Wane it is not possible to hope we lose even if it meant he got the boot!

Prediction? Wigan 21 Saints 16.

It's got to be 21 for us - that is our average I think! :D
ian.birchall

Re: Wigan v Saints

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO wrote:Good luck to the team and I hope we get the points.

I am off on holiday early tomorrow so will miss the game and the next two after that.

Despite the fact a good win would take the pressure off Wane it is not possible to hope we lose even if it meant he got the boot!

Prediction? Wigan 21 Saints 16.

It's got to be 21 for us - that is our average I think! :D
Too optimistic there Dave. Our average over 23 games is slightly(just) under 20.????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Have a good holiday, Dave & enjoy the "beer"!
I treated Mrs Morley to a weekend in Wigan & were currently drinking tea in Hindley Tesco waiting for the rain to stop.
Given wet conditions, I'll go for a low score: 12-8 :doz:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I think we'll batter them. There leader is not playing and Percival is out too. So they have no goal kicker. Put the foot down early on and goodnight Vienna.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

But Tomkins is confident they can send Saints crashing to their first defeat in more than two months, after identifying frailties in their side. He said: “They have a lot of momentum and they’ve had some good games, but they’re certainly not unbeatable.

“We’ve nothing to worry about really with Saints.

“They’re a good side – there are a number of good sides – but nothing more than that.

“They’ve got some good players and they’ve got some average players, like every other team. We’ll be looking to exploit their weaknesses, and they certainly have got some.” Saints won the last derby at the DW 21-4 and, with Wigan stumbling recently, they can leapfrog Shaun Wane’s side into third if they win.

“We’re attacking much better than we were last time we played them,” added Tomkins.
Well there is Sam giving them their pre-match motivational teamtalk for them :( :eusa4:

Players should just keep their pie holes shut and leave their talking to on the field of play
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:
But Tomkins is confident they can send Saints crashing to their first defeat in more than two months, after identifying frailties in their side. He said: “They have a lot of momentum and they’ve had some good games, but they’re certainly not unbeatable.

“We’ve nothing to worry about really with Saints.

“They’re a good side – there are a number of good sides – but nothing more than that.

“They’ve got some good players and they’ve got some average players, like every other team. We’ll be looking to exploit their weaknesses, and they certainly have got some.” Saints won the last derby at the DW 21-4 and, with Wigan stumbling recently, they can leapfrog Shaun Wane’s side into third if they win.

“We’re attacking much better than we were last time we played them,” added Tomkins.
Well there is Sam giving them their pre-match motivational teamtalk for them :( :eusa4:

Players should just keep their pie holes shut and leave their talking to on the field of play
Totally agree with that & it goes for coaches too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Mcguire was the best.
Talk for ages, answer every question yet not say anything.
Brilliant for these kind of circumstances!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Mcguire was the best.
Talk for ages, answer every question yet not say anything.
Brilliant for these kind of circumstances!
So very true, I sometimes thought when he gave interviews if the interviewer was any more the wiser at the end of the interview than he was before? :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cow yeds wrote:I think we'll batter them. There leader is not playing and Percival is out too. So they have no goal kicker. Put the foot down early on and goodnight Vienna.
Think sintelins have one or two half decent goal kickers cow yeds, but hopefully injuries and suspensions will curb this tonight. Maybe Jack opens will get the job if Percival doesn't play. ????
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:I think we'll batter them. There leader is not playing and Percival is out too. So they have no goal kicker. Put the foot down early on and goodnight Vienna.
Think sintelins have one or two half decent goal kickers cow yeds, but hopefully injuries and suspensions will curb this tonight. Maybe Jack owens will get the job if Percival doesn't play. It's a bad show if we don't beat them tonight IMO. ????