Hull v Catalan

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull v Catalan

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC 44 - Catalan 0

I don't think the Hull team or its fans should read too much into this game before the CC Final! It hasn't given them much of test!!

Catalan have half a team missing with some out for the rest of the season including Pat Richards & Todd Carney!

I don't blame Tony Smith, Warrington, for complaining about how the Super 8's fixture list is giving Hull an unfair advantage with an extra day off for the CC Final. It's as if the RFL are wanting Hull to do a Leeds this season!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Hull v Catalan

Post by Caboosegg »

cant be right, according to the internet and Kieran Cunningham, Wigan own the RFL and everything biased towards us!!!!

Hull have had a very good Injury free season, not many if any other teams can say the same, if their luck holds out they may very well do a leeds this year, if they get injuries to say Sneyd/Houghton/shaul then i think they will struggle, as them 3 are doing alot of work on the back of the big forwards.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

And we have had a season of too many players being rotated, irrespective of the number of injuries.

Lets not start making excuses about injuries when other clubs including St Helens have had their share.

We have the largest squad in the Super League, but the problem is that the standard of experienced players is not high enough in quality, standard and foreign International experience and we are playing as many as 10 ex.Academy players in every team selection.

Like I keep saying, we have not got the right blend of experience and youth in our squad, like Hull, St Helens, Warrington and also Leeds despite their very poor season.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

no excuss on injuries mentioning unlike most Hull have been relatively injury free,

Warrington have had rough patches with injury as well,
there is a noticeably difference when Gidley was out for example.

not even taking our injuries into account, i'm just mentioning if Hulls luck of not get injuries to key players continues they may well do the treble,
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Caboosegg wrote:no excuss on injuries saying unlike most Hull have been relatively injury free,

Warrington have had rough patches with injury as well,
their is a noticeably difference when gidley was out for example.

not even taking our injuries into account, im just mentioning if Hulls luck of not get injuries to key players continues they may well do the treble,

Yes your right. Hull have been lucky with there free injury squad. But not been lucky in the way they have played and coached deserve to be where they are every player playing for each other a rare comodity in Sl at present.