Billy B statue?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Billy B statue?

Post by cpwigan »

Did anybody go to the unveiling today?
Kiwiseddon

Re: Billy B statue?

Post by Kiwiseddon »

My old man (Steve the Gas) was invited and went. The statue itself looks good.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Just been and had a look and it looks good. Although i thought it was meant be facing central park way?
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I read that it is supposed to face Central Park.

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Fantastic turnout in atrocious weather for the greatest player I have ever seen. The word "legend" gets used far too often IMO but even that's not good enough for Billy, a true humble gentleman and a REAL legend of Wigan and Rugby League.I have had the good fortune to be on two supporters tours to Australia with him and can assure everyone that he is revered over there almost as much as he is here.
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:I read that it is supposed to face Central Park.

So did I but I think he's facing more towards the DW.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Looks very impressive. I will definitely go and have a look when I am down for the next game. Thanks for posting it
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

I Ate my Pie at dinner yesterday while looking and reading my way around the new attraction.Great tribute to a proper fella.
Thing is with BB,everyone knows him.They used to walk his sons dog or qued in a chipie with him 23yrs ago,saw him play,worked with his wife's best mates aunties brother.I sat eating my pie listening to the people speak just loud enough so all could here.Almost playing Top Trumps Billy Boston with how well they knew BB.
The Ladies say physically its him in the statue,but doesn't look like him in the face.
He is a legend everyone knows and loves,if they walked his sons dog or not.
Good Job and an over due tribute in my opinion.Wuld be good to see one or two more to keep Billy company.

4G
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

4 Generations wrote:I Ate my Pie at dinner yesterday while looking and reading my way around the new attraction.Great tribute to a proper fella.
Thing is with BB,everyone knows him.They used to walk his sons dog or qued in a chipie with him 23yrs ago,saw him play,worked with his wife's best mates aunties brother.I sat eating my pie listening to the people speak just loud enough so all could here.Almost playing Top Trumps Billy Boston with how well they knew BB.
The Ladies say physically its him in the statue,but doesn't look like him in the face.
He is a legend everyone knows and loves,if they walked his sons dog or not.
Good Job and an over due tribute in my opinion.Wuld be good to see one or two more to keep Billy company.

4G

Phisically it doesn't look like him. He was broader in the beam and chest than that. Not many would have seen the young 19 year old lean perfectly built athlete that signed in 1953.