Truly great effort

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ed Osmond

Truly great effort

Post by Ed Osmond »

Total respect for that performance.
It looked all over when Flower got sent off but the players showed terrific resilience and belief. Very pleased and impressed.
Lots of good displays but I give Smith, Williams and Tautai high marks.
bill.inger

Re: Truly great effort

Post by bill.inger »

Love it when they show that Tony Smith on a loser. Face like a melted wellie. That's what winning s all about.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Now to set myself up to be shot down in flames, after the sending off it seemed to me most of the structure was thrown out the window and we started playing rugby, all the players were working for each other and supporting each other. It seemed to me we saw more offloads (and with support) in that last twenty minutes than we have seen all season. I realy enjoyed that last twenty and once the pressure was on Dire cracked and gave us the leg up. Gellings interception to finish the game was a brilliant moment.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dragging games out of the fire like that has been the story of the season. We like to make it hard for ourselves and we did with plenty of penalties.

The never say die attitude is amazing and that result will raise a few eyebrows because a win next week and we have a home semi final. It has probably also rescued "the big one" despite Pat's absence.

Mind you we seem to play better away this season!

Flower's season is probably over so if we get to the GF that is another he won't feature in but with FPN, TT, Sutton and Crosby I am not sure he is a big loss.

Looking forward to next week already, who know s what Wigan team will turn up and if that win doesn't instill some confidence in the team not sure what will.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tonight was a different level though and we actually played quality RL, offloading, scoring points. Let's play what we see from now on. Far more entertaining.
pedro

Post by pedro »

southernpie wrote:Now to set myself up to be shot down in flames, after the sending off it seemed to me most of the structure was thrown out the window and we started playing rugby, all the players were working for each other and supporting each other. It seemed to me we saw more offloads (and with support) in that last twenty minutes than we have seen all season. I realy enjoyed that last twenty and once the pressure was on Dire cracked and gave us the leg up. Gellings interception to finish the game was a brilliant moment.
disagree really, from the first try we had dummy runners. Said to my dad at full time that in that game we had more dummy runners than the rest of the season combined. Add that to the offloads and it made rugby easy again as our defense wasnt great at times. Too many people jumping out of the line caused 3 tries for them.
paulbadds

Post by paulbadds »

Hi New to the site. Followed Wigan since I was young. Never been on forum till today so please don't knock me.I have difficulty talking to new people , hence nobody knows me. I would just like to say ,I thought that was 100% credit to all that played .Best Rugby League game I have watched for years. Had me off my seat for all the second half . Well done Wigan .Well done to all .
OJ

Post by OJ »

Wonder which 12 he will select next week!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

5miler

Post by 5miler »

Opponents will be begging the ref NOT to send any of our players off. Play some fabulous stuff when we go down to 12/11 this year. Well done guys.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

pedro wrote:
southernpie wrote:Now to set myself up to be shot down in flames, after the sending off it seemed to me most of the structure was thrown out the window and we started playing rugby, all the players were working for each other and supporting each other. It seemed to me we saw more offloads (and with support) in that last twenty minutes than we have seen all season. I realy enjoyed that last twenty and once the pressure was on Dire cracked and gave us the leg up. Gellings interception to finish the game was a brilliant moment.
disagree really, from the first try we had dummy runners. Said to my dad at full time that in that game we had more dummy runners than the rest of the season combined. Add that to the offloads and it made rugby easy again as our defense wasnt great at times. Too many people jumping out of the line caused 3 tries for them.
Now you mention it, I think you are correct about the dummy runners from early on and the cause of three tries, but I still maintain the natural rugby quality was seriously raised after the red card. I will watch it back to confirm when full game is on Wigan tv
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#