Relegation for wigan this season ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buddyboy

Relegation for wigan this season ?

Post by buddyboy »

:(

This is the worst side Wigan have had for more than 30 years. Nearly all the players are at best ordinary. I struggle to think of more than 3 or four of our players that a top 3 team would want. (Dallas,Radlinski,Newton are the exceptions)

And what I find most frustrating is that the club is working hard to improve the side for NEXT season.

A 32 year old over the hill aussie, (how many of those have we had recently) a 23 year old player that nobody anywhere near me at the match yesterday has even heard off.

Rumour has it radlinski and carney want to leave and now it seems tickle is not happy. I am not surprised with the state of the club at present and with no signs of any improvement over the next few years.

Is it just me being paranoid but are we not in danger of fighting relegation this season with the distinct possibility or NFL rugby next year.
mike binder

Re: Relegation for wigan this ...

Post by mike binder »

got to mant points now
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
warrior till i die

Re: Relegation for wigan this ...

Post by warrior till i die »

buddy dont be silly we wont get relegated. Players who top 3 clubs would want rads,dallas,newton,tickle,godwin. Will people give Millward time we cant expect over night success. Hes not even been here 2 weeks yet. Shall we make judgements say after the saints league game as to where our future lies.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Tom_McCooey

Re: Relegation for wigan t...

Post by Tom_McCooey »

The best time to make judgements over where our future for next season lies is at the end of this season. We wont go down, and if we finish in a very safe position 7th (or optimistically 6th) then we can assume that Millward will be able to build on that. I think its been said on here before, that what Ian needs that none of the coaches at Wigan ever get is time. He really does need months/years and not weeks. We all need to be patient and show our support, and well done for turning out last night.
Wigan 'til I die.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I've said it before (5 weeks ago) in other posts that by game 23 you'll be on the same points as salford (and possibly widnes too) and having a relegation 4 pointer match.

And I was deadly serious, not trying to wind you up. Take a look at all your coming fixtures.
primrose-n-blue

Tom_McCooey posted:
We wont go down, finish in a very safe position 7th
I think your wearing cherry and white coated specticles!!
Your club is very aware of the dangers even if your not.
Like Widnes and Leigh you've been buying players through the season to keep you up and you've just bought another!!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
Like Widnes and Leigh you've been buying players through the season to keep you up and you've just bought another!!
Are you really that stupid ? what players as you put it have we bought?? ah yes thats it,
just the one, big mac and he has now gone,
the other players we have signed are for next year you muppet, and don't be surprised if you hear of another signing in the next few weeks (it's called building a team for next year) We will not be rellagated this year that i have no doubt,
You are just wishing we will be.
So stop trying to annoy people on here you are just making your self look stupid,
Goodbye
heydude

Post by heydude »

Dawber posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
Are you really that stupid ? what players as you put it have we bought?? ah yes thats it,
just the one, big mac and he has now gone,
the other players we have signed are for next year you muppet, and don't be surprised if you hear of another signing in the next few weeks (it's called building a team for next year) We will not be rellagated this year that i have no doubt,
You are just wishing we will be.
So stop trying to annoy people on here you are just making your self look stupid,
Goodbye
just think it's sad when a warrington fan spends this much time on a WIGAN rugby league website. :lol:
don't eat yellow snow
primrose-n-blue

Dawber posted:
Are you really that stupid ?
what players have we bought??
ah yes thats it, just the one, big mac and he has now gone,
and don't be surprised if you hear of another signing in the next few weeks
Goodbye
I'm stupid?
Or could it be that just maybe you've forgotton?
here's some clues players...Jez! Mac! coaching staff AF,IM.
and I agree with you that there will be some more in the coming weeks as you'll need them.

But I don't suppose I will get an appology!
I've made myself out to be stupid....Hmmmm :roll:
primrose-n-blue

....its gone awful quiet now??