Nuuausala sets bar high

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Nuuausala sets bar high

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan forward Frank Nuuausala is hoping to help the club enjoy a strong 2017 and is targeting the Super League and Challenge Cup.

The 29-year-old linked up with the DW Stadium outfit towards the end of last season and made two appearances.

The Kiwi is likely to be heavily involved in 2017 and now wants to help the squad improve on last season’s performance.

Wigan won the Grand Final in 2016 but were beaten in the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup by eventual winners Hull FC, and Nuuausala is keen to see them do the double.

"To be honest it was one of my goals to win Super League and I’d like a Challenge Cup," he said. "I’m glad to be back and ready to do the hard work for the boys.

"(Last season)For me, it was the errors. It wasn’t how I normally play. I have a high expectation of myself and now this is about getting used to the team and how we get coached by Shaun Wane."

https://www.clubcall.com/rugby-league/n ... 33156.html
Only two?? I'm sure I saw him play more than that ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: Nuuausala sets bar high

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He played a lot more than two.
We all have high expectations of Frank for next season.
He finished last season very well but always looked capable of far more. Hopefully 2017 we'll see the Wrecking Ball we all want to see, I do hope he fulfils his ambitions for next season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I expect big things from Frank next season and I think he will deliver.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

3 months of no games and no club training before FPN came to Wigan and in a handful of games we saw big improvement, it was taking three players to pull him down.
I'm excited about Frank in hoping he can play to his roosters form having had a good pre-season with Mark Bitcon and Co.
If he returns to his top form we have one serious level player in our team.
I love this excitement.
Just hope Wigan have bought Frank some decent heaters, as he seems to be struggling with the British winter snap.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One thing that will be interesting is how heavy is best for him. With Feca, we could get perhaps 20 awesome minutes from the heavy version or 40 pretty ineffective ones from the lighter version. I hope we have learnt from that.
FPN is all class, and adds a vital dimension to our team. Once he and Tautai introduced their offloading game they freed up masses of space for Williams and Gelling and co to exploit which wasn't there while we had no passing threat in the forwards. I would like us to have one of those 2 and Lockers on the field pretty much throughout the game, as it draws in the defence wonderfully.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Taking 3 players out in each of his drives creates space on its own. A quick play the ball resultant from this would create havoc to any team.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Too much was expected from Frank last season,he clearly wasnt match fit when he made his debut,but almost on a match by match basis he improved after the first 3 or 4 games.

If he stays fit and settles (thats the big thing)then the other props had better raise their game as i really think big Frank is a hell of a signing.
RC

Post by RC »

fozzieskem wrote:Too much was expected from Frank last season,he clearly wasnt match fit when he made his debut,but almost on a match by match basis he improved after the first 3 or 4 games.

If he stays fit and settles (thats the big thing)then the other props had better raise their game as i really think big Frank is a hell of a signing.
Best signing Wigan have made in a very long time, and we've still got him for another three years. :D
5miler

Post by 5miler »

The last 4 games of last season saw Big Frank as one of the best props in the comp. if he wasn't happy with the way he was playing then I can't wait to see what he unleashes on SL next season. Best signing for yonks? Time will tell, but a fab start.