Rangi Chase...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Rangi Chase...

Post by josie andrews »

He's either been suspended or sacked!!!
Rangi Chase will not be available for Thursday night’s game. Speaking today Castleford Tigers CEO Steve Gill said: “Rangi was part of an investigation that has been dealt with internally by the club, neither Rangi Chase or the Castleford Tigers will make any further comment on this issue.”
https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5277
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AdamMac

Re: Rangi Chase...

Post by AdamMac »

Where's that come from Josie? He's a proper plonker isnt he.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AdamMac wrote:Where's that come from Josie? He's a proper plonker isnt he.
I've just edited my OP

( Thought I'd put that bit on :blush: )
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Super League news: Castleford Tigers drop Rangi Chase for Leeds Rhinos clash after internal investigation

Former Man of Steel Rangi Chase has been dropped by Castleford for Thursday's Super League derby with Leeds following an internal investigation.

The Tigers have not divulged any details but the 30-year-old former England stand-off has never been far from controversy throughout his eight years in the British game.

Castleford chief executive Steve Gill said: "Rangi was part of an investigation that has been dealt with internally by the club. Neither Rangi Chase nor the Castleford Tigers will make any further comment on this issue."

Chase played for England in the 2013 World Cup after switching his allegiance from New Zealand but was axed by coach Steve McNamara on the eve of the semi-final against the Kiwis.

He was still under contract with Castleford when he joined Salford in September 2013 for a sum believed to be in the region of £115,000 but left less than halfway through his four-year deal and also cut short a stint in the Championship with Leigh.

At the time it was said Chase had left the Centurions to "pursue other options outside of rugby league" and he later spoke of his battle with depression but he rejoined Castleford last July on a short-term contract.

In September he signed a 12-month contract and has played in the Tigers' opening two matches of the season.

http://talksport.com/rugby-league/super ... rslQvzQ.99
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I was going to put a post on here the other day about him, i follow him on instagram and i thought recently his posts had become a lot more erratic, his behaviour didnt seem right.

I personally dont think the guy is very well and he has a lot of demons
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Last chance this surely?

Shame he really does seem to have skill but brings so much bagage with him,if things have gone belly up at Cas i hope he finds some sort of happiness as he seems to be fighting demons all of the time.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Believe a group of lads in the town centre baited him so he gave one a good smacking.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

cow yeds wrote:Believe a group of lads in the town centre baited him so he gave one a good smacking.
in their local rag it says an altercation
BriH

Post by BriH »

AdamMac wrote:Where's that come from Josie? He's a proper plonker isnt he.
A right plonker!!